If you had a flagpole which flag would you rather fly under the US Flag...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which flag do you like to fly under the US Flag

• Total voters

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    flag-of-mexico.gif

Every other house in my 'hood flies these underneath the doors where security cameras monitor who comes in or out.

Steelworker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Allen County
    I fly the American Flag (4x6) and beneath that I rotate through different 3x5 flags: Gadsen, Indiana state flag, and of course the POW/MIA flag. Never know whats going to be flying at Steelworker's

:patriot:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I voted POW/MIA.

(step on soapbox) My personal feelings.... I don't feel the American flag should have to share a pole with any other flag. I have felt this way ever since I witnessed a larger Canadian flag sharing a pole with an American flag. It just didn't seem right to me. I think the best option for multiple flag display is to have multiple poles of lesser height with the taller American flag as the centerpiece. (step off soapbox) ;)

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I voted POW/MIA.

(step on soapbox) My personal feelings.... I don't feel the American flag should have to share a pole with any other flag. I have felt this way ever since I witnessed a larger Canadian flag sharing a pole with an American flag. It just didn't seem right to me. I think the best option for multiple flag display is to have multiple poles of lesser height with the taller American flag as the centerpiece. (step off soapbox) ;)

I have no problem with that at all. If I had room in my yard, I'd have the Colors on a taller, center pole, flanked by the POW/MIA flag on one side, and the Marine Corps Colors on the other.

Having said that, my current arrangement is quite adequate. The Marine Corps Flag has accompanied, and supported the Colors of the United States in many places around the world. I see no problem with my front yard following suit.

The same can be said for the Colors of every other Service. Ladies, gents, thanks for your service. :patriot:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Since I own a piece of every branch, I couldn't pick an obvious one without causing a tiff.
    Although, I do have a soft spot for the Corps, so I'd likely pick the Gadsden since it was the first official Marine flag.
    Semper Fi, peeps and family.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    This below, I proudly fly it on my 30 footer because it was designed by Mooresville resident Paul Hadley, and since I hail from Mooresville I display it with a little more pride than most people.

Now I also have a secondary 16 foot pole that I fly either the Colts, IU or Mooresville HS flag, I take heat on that one from the neighbors since I now live in a suburb of Plainfield and some people just can't understand allegiance to a Alma Mater.:D

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    188_2661.jpg

Here is my flag pole. I used to fly the Indiana State flag under it, but didn't feel the pole was really big enough to hold the two and look proportional. I fly the USA flag 24/7 and she's brightly lite at night. We live on a small hill and you can usually see the flag a little more than a 1/2 mile away when it's lite up at night.

Top Bottom