• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    a 16" AR-15 with a fixed carry handle. can hunt and deffend with it at close quarters or long distances. parts and ammo would be redily availible for many years to come during and after a SHTF scenario. Easy to maintain and very durable. reliable in many environments.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    1952 Browning Auto 5 that I have custody of until I pass it on. I first remember seeing it when I was about 7yrs old. I guess there would be a more appropriate choice but I figure I have a duty to keep it in the family.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My limited edition Coast Guard 92FS, that my Dad bought for me when I was serving. There is no amount of money in the world, that could replace it.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Tough question. Mine would have to be my S & W model 28 .357 with 6 in barrel. Good home defense gun and it has taken 6 deer. It would be a bit much for small game if SHTF.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Tough question. Mine would have to be my S & W model 28 .357 with 6 in barrel. Good home defense gun and it has taken 6 deer. It would be a bit much for small game if SHTF.

.38 wadcutters, or a handloaded light .38 round, does a fine job on small game.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    a 16" AR-15 with a fixed carry handle. can hunt and deffend with it at close quarters or long distances. parts and ammo would be redily availible for many years to come during and after a SHTF scenario. Easy to maintain and very durable. reliable in many environments.

oh sorry i just realzed this was under the handgun section so you were probly wanting a handgun, my bad i was tired when i wrote it.

i would choose a 1911. .45 ammo would be redily availible (although expenssive even to barter for) also parts would be EVERYWHERE, even if i had to dig them up and blast off the rust and recondition it. very reliable pistol and very acurate. large enough caliber to hunt large game with (small game can be trapped easily) and a great personal deffense weapon. if i lost my hammer it would work for that too :D

khangoc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    I would say some shotty. With the different amount of rounds you could use, it only makes sense as the ultimate home defense weapon. Granted we cant sling these and carry them around anymore like we used to.

Top Bottom