If you are attacked, where are you supposed to shoot the perp?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    Whoa whoa whoa... how did you even know that video existed?

Are addicted to soaps again? If so, please seek help from your local AHBA

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Whoa whoa whoa... how did you even know that video existed?

Are addicted to soaps again? If so, please seek help from your local AHBA

YouTube
    Searched for "chandelier fall on" or something like that.
    I was actually looking for something else. But it seems that no one has a good one. Like where a swordsman cuts the rope, and the candle chandelier falls.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    I took a concealed carry class a few weeks ago, and we were taught 2 to the upper chest, and 1 to the head. Assess and keep shooting until the threat is over.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    There are probably not a lot of people that can make a headshot after firing 2 rapid shots to the chest, under stress, in lowlight. These are the normal gunfight conditions and then add into it that the assailant is probably spinning away when he realizes you are not the average sheep and you have a recipe for disaster with bullets flying around potentially striking bystanders. I would challenge your instructor on the feasibility of teaching newer students that drill and say it is for the more advanced student.
    Part of our pistol competition in the Army was the "Anti Body Armor drill" which is 2 to the chest and one to the head @ 10 feet or so in like 3 seconds. You had to make the headshot or you got no points. Believe me, it is not an easy drill and requires a lot more training and practice than the average gun toter is going to do, much less can afford to do in this day and age.
    Stick to the tried an true upper chest with slow, aimed, deliberate fire until there is no longer a threat.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Don't draw your firearm unless you are prepared to kill. Shoot to kill. Much easier to reconcile a story from you than from you and a bad guy. I'd deff. aim for the Chest.... Unless I can get my hands on one of the electronic scoped Halo magnum pistols.......then you can scope domes.....maybe when we get a Microsoft/Ruger merger...

Top Bottom