If you’re overlooking the Echelon, don’t.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    I picked up a Springfield Armory Echelon at Marksman Shooting Sports last month, the price was great and it was in excellent used condition. I didn’t have super high hopes for it because it is basically Springfield’s P320 / G19, but boy was I wrong. With its exceptional trigger, comfortable grip, and excellent accuracy this is a gun that is quickly putting my other pistols on hold. This is not your father‘s XD series. This is a whole new pistol from Springfield and it works wonderfully, if you get a chance to buy one, do so, I know you will like it. It came with a Vortex Defender CCW heads up sight (shown) that was a better fit for my Smith & Wesson Equalizer (another nice snag), so I swapped it out with a SwampFox Justice 2 big screen RMR that is not shown in the photos below. The combination is outstanding.

Attachments

• IMG_9440.jpeg
      IMG_9440.jpeg
      636.2 KB · Views: 56
    • IMG_9438.jpeg
      IMG_9438.jpeg
      852.1 KB · Views: 56

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I ran a couple mags through a rental and it was quite nice. I would get one if I ever decide to get another striker

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I didn’t have super high hopes for it because it is basically Springfield’s P320 / G19
    What's wrong with either of those? Both are solid platforms. I have been wanting to try an Echelon, though...not that I'm going to switch at this point, but I'd just like to see how it is. I've never shot the XD well, but I'm curious to see what improvements SA cooked into the new hotness.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    What's wrong with either of those? Both are solid platforms. I have been wanting to try an Echelon, though...not that I'm going to switch at this point, but I'd just like to see how it is. I've never shot the XD well, but I'm curious to see what improvements SA cooked into the new hotness.
    To me it was everything that was wrong with a Glock (grip angles etc). Corrected. Sort of like a Shadow Systems but different if that makes sense

devildog178

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Henry Co
    I picked up a used one and like it far better than I anticipated. It combines the best attributes of a Glock and a Sig 320. Plus it can direct mount 30+ optics without using plates!

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Back the truck up. I've read it here, there, almost everywhere. Springfield is no good.

Seriously though, I've heard nothing but good things about the Echelon. A bit surprised they haven't released different versions of it yet, but I'm sure it's selling well and folks are happy with it (haven't seen any in the INGO classifieds).

I really don't need one as they are similar enough to XDm's, but the itch is there and will likely get scratched...

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    I’m not bad mouthing either one of those I love them, I guess I was just trying to say since I have a few of each I didn’t expect it to be all that different and the last thing I really needed was another full size 9 mm. But it turns out I really did need one so it’s a win-win.! And if you live on the north side of Indy and you want to try one out that can be arranged.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    I picked up a used one and like it far better than I anticipated. It combines the best attributes of a Glock and a Sig 320. Plus it can direct mount 30+ optics without using plates!
    Exactly, that’s why I put the SwampFox Justice 2 on mine it’s 30mm. It’s just like having a big screen TV up there. The only bad part is when a commercial comes on when you’re in the middle of a stage! I’m hoping that the Justice 3 will have streaming capabilities.

You can find them for much less than suggested retail.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Any mag issues? I got one when they first came out…. Fantastic pistol!!! But shortly after I got mine they started talking like the baseplates were blowing off and puking the spring and ammo. I sold mine…. Always thought they were very nice though!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Any mag issues? I got one when they first came out…. Fantastic pistol!!! But shortly after I got mine they started talking like the baseplates were blowing off and puking the spring and ammo. I sold mine…. Always thought they were very nice though!!!
    Some of the mags did not get assembled properly (the OEM extensions and the metal tabs were not properly installed). There was some info on what to watch for.

I haven't had any issues with my Echelon mags.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Any first hand issues with yours or just "stories on the web"?

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I picked up a used one and like it far better than I anticipated. It combines the best attributes of a Glock and an Sig 320. Plus it can direct mount 30+ optics without using plates!
    Yeah you nailed it!!!! They definitely out glocked Glock lol…. Much nicer and felt good in the hand. Their optics setup is genius!!! NO PLATES!!!

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have had the strong urge to get one. Unfortunately I don't have any money saved up and the wife isn't just going to let me drop $600+ with the medical bills we have right now. I don't need it, but dang I want it. After the first of the year looks promising though.

birdsong62273

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2024
    IN
    I picked up a Springfield Armory Echelon at Marksman Shooting Sports last month, the price was great and it was in excellent used condition. I didn’t have super high hopes for it because it is basically Springfield’s P320 / G19, but boy was I wrong. With its exceptional trigger, comfortable grip, and excellent accuracy this is a gun that is quickly putting my other pistols on hold. This is not your father‘s XD series. This is a whole new pistol from Springfield and it works wonderfully, if you get a chance to buy one, do so, I know you will like it. It came with a Vortex Defender CCW heads up sight (shown) that was a better fit for my Smith & Wesson Equalizer (another nice snag), so I swapped it out with a SwampFox Justice 2 big screen RMR that is not shown in the photos below. The combination is outstanding.
    I want to get one as my first Handgun, is it still a good go to for car, carry, home defense?

Top Bottom