• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think it's funny that after all of the conservative principles that the party has abandoned, this will be the straw that breaks the camels back for some.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    :shrug:

The line between Democrat, Reublican, and Libertarian just blurred a little more.

I guess it'll depend on how much republican voters hate Hillary. Many of them were more than willing to sacrifice their conservative principles to vote for Romney in the name of defeating Obama.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I guess it'll depend on how much republican voters hate Hillary. Many of them were more than willing to sacrifice their conservative principles to vote for Romney in the name of defeating Obama.

Last November if you did not want to see O returning to the White House, your choices were what exactly?

The election, unfortunately or not, is not the place to wage the battles of principle.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Last November if you did not want to see O returning to the White House, your choices were what exactly?

The election, unfortunately or not, is not the place to wage the battles of principle.

Apparently the primary isn't either. Romney won.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I find it truly amazing that the word 'principle' is being used throughout this thread and not once does it appear in purple.

Nobody runs on principles, they run on money. He who has the money, establishes the principles. Unfortunately those that have the money are all thinking alike, leaving us no options. We can talk about the lessor of two evils in an election, but I for one, am extremely tired of voting against someone. Give me an option, I can vote FOR.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I think you're creating a strawman. Surprise. :rolleyes:

Those are individual republicans signing the brief, most of whom are no longer even in office.

When the Republican Party endorses homosexual marriage in their party platform like Libertarians and Democrats, then you'll have an actual comparison instead of a poorly constructed strawman.

In the meantime, people who vote republican can evaluate the candidates individually without "abandoning the party".

It just goes to show you though, how many republican candidates are RINO's in elephant's clothing and feel free to come out of the closet once they are no longer up for reelection.

Oh, and I'm sorry but I won't be able to give you another confirmed strawman kill since this one was so poorly constructed.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    This is just ramp up to 2016. So the GOP candidate can talk all soft and moderate in the campaign then go back to discriminating based on sexual orientation once they get in office.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Once 'inconceivable,' Republican leaders sign pro-gay marriage brief - U.S. News

I wonder how many Romney voters will ditch the republican party over this?

The government shouldn't even be in the "marriage business".

Up until the latter part of the 1800's, it wasn't.
    "Marriage licenses" in the USA were first used to control inter-racial marriages.

Up until that time, you just went to your church, had a minister perform the ceremony and got a "Marriage Certificate" from the church.
    Or you just had a common law marriage.

Many marriages are going back to this, and making their own legal agreements to keep the government from making their marriage a "threesome".

If one believes in God, they know their vows to each other and to God is what creates the marriage.

Then through legal agreements, powers of attorney, joint ownership of property, wills, etc, they can take care of the "earthly" details.

There's never been any reason that homosexual couples can't do the same thing.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

"Marriage licenses" in the USA were first used to control inter-racial marriages.

Up until that time, you just went to your church, had a minister perform the ceremony and got a "Marriage Certificate" from the church.

Many marriages are going back to this, and making their own legal agreements to keep the government from making their marriage a "threesome".

If one believes in God, they know their vows to each other and to God is what creates the marriage.

Then through legal agreements, powers of attorney, joint ownership of property, wills, etc, they can take care of the "earthly" details.

This. The reason the government is in marriage is because the statists want to control your bedroom.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Marriage licenses have been required since 1639 in Massachusetts and they had nothing to do with "inter-racial marriages." Marriage licenses were first established to ensure the banns were observed in order to prevent legal impediments, such as bigamy. I can't believe the amount of poppycock that is manufactured as "history" on here and swallowed whole.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Bottom line, we as citizens have no representation from any party. The politicians are a class among themselves. They do not view the citizens as a viable part of their world other than a source of tax money. They are all proficient liars and cheats. Basically, no redeemable values among the lot.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Marriage licenses have been required since 1639 in Massachusetts and they had nothing to do with "inter-racial marriages." Marriage licenses were first established to ensure the banns were observed in order to prevent legal impediments, such as bigamy. I can't believe the amount of poppycock that is manufactured as "history" on here and swallowed whole.
    Actually, they date back even further. Licenses were common in many European countries and they were originally asked for by the churches, not the state. The churches wanted to get in bed with the governments for added legal protections for their churches members. Licensing has a long history, even if government shouldn't be involved in it. They are going to remain involved no matter what we might think, so it behooves us to see that everyone has equal standing before the laws. That's what the rule of law is all about and what these republicans are signing onto. Good for them for having the gumption to stick to their principles.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012

This is one of the things that has always baffled me about the Republican party. They preach small government, but consistently try to regulate the institution of marriage by denying gays the right to be married.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Actually, they date back even further. Licenses were common in many European countries and they were originally asked for by the churches, not the state. The churches wanted to get in bed with the governments for added legal protections for their churches members. Licensing has a long history, even if government shouldn't be involved in it. They are going to remain involved no matter what we might think, so it behooves us to see that everyone has equal standing before the laws. That's what the rule of law is all about and what these republicans are signing onto. Good for them for having the gumption to stick to their principles.

This is a red herring. Everyone already has equal standing before the law.

Are you suggesting that the government can define marriage?

Top Bottom