• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Let's see some old, rare, or otherwise unique brass (or loaded ammunition) and anything you'd like to share about it.

I was sorting through some of my misc. 45ACP brass last night and ran across a few that caught my eye.

They're listed by headstamp/manufacturer/date/information.

FA 2 14 / Frankford Arsenal in Philadelphia, PA / February 1914 / It's a real shame this is a fired case. I would love to have this as a loaded case.
    100_0762.jpg

FA 10 15 / Frankford Arsenal in Phildelphia, PA / October 1915
    100_0763.jpg

EC 42 / Evansville Ordnance Plant in Evansville, IN / 1942 / This is neat as it was made here in our great state of Indiana. The plant was operated by the Chrysler Corp between '42 and '44 and produced billions of rounds. Some confuse it with ammo made at the Eau Claire, WI plant, but they only produced 30 carbine at that plant.
    100_0764.jpg

I've also got a few Remington Arms and Winchester Repeating Arms cases dated between '43 and '45.

Wartime Small Arms Ammo Producers of the USA by Jim Frigiola

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Havent took the time to learn to post pics yet, but I do have a .243 round with a Browning headstamp a buddy found for me.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Ive got a few 30-06 with '42-'48 head stamps, also a couple of shelf's full of odd ball stuff, I think the strangest one I have is a pin-fire

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    ec brass

Hi,
    With the Billions of rounds they made there you would think it would turn up more often, but the Brass case EC 42 rounds are kind of hard to find.
    most I have ever seen is steel case and of all of them it is the EC S 42 that turns up the most. that's Evansville Chrysler Sunbeam. it's amazing they got steel cases to production in a short time and also made 30 carbine in steel as well. I'll try to dig out some oddball stuff and post if I can find the time..lol..

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    My brother-in-law recently gave me a box of Evansville 45 ACP (loaded amo in original box) that was in a bunch of his father's stuff. There is another box of WW 2 issue ammo to. Don't know what the head stamp is. Will check and post again tomorrow.
    Are there collectors of old ammo? Any value to this old stuff?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Recently got several Winchester head stamp 45 ACP brass with SMALL PISTOL primer pockets. Was in a bunch of range pick-up brass. Anyone got any info on this stuff? I will get the exact head stamp and repost tomorrow. All I know is that it's a pain when you get this mixed in a batch running through a progressive loader.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    jimbo-indy,
    I often find Speer small pistol primered 45ACP brass mixed in with my stuff. I sorted through about 4k brass the other night and found a handful of it.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Great thread! Interesting stuff for sure, heck I never knew Eville had an ammo factory. I knew they made P47's because my grandfather actually helped build them there. I still have his williams 7" cresent wrench and I use it a lot.

Thumbs UP!

Top Bottom