• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you don't use technology to your advantage then somebody else will and the results will be a win for them. .Mil and everybody else use RDS because it makes them more effective. Why limit yourself? Go ahead and keep using "old school" tactics and equipment. Hope it doesn't bite you. If I don't evolve, I die. I'm not in a rush to do that.

Bob

I think the idea is to use any advantage you can, without becoming a slave to the tech. New school is fine, as long as you still know old school.

It's like when you go to the store, buy a candy bar for $1.20, and they can't figure the change out from your $2 if the machines don't work.

Be proficient with your equipment, but have a back up. All equipment fails if given enough reason & time. Enemies do not always follow your plan. And mother nature doesn't care one way or another if you live.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks. As I said, you need to post this on the EMP thread in the sticky section. It is one of the best explanations given that I have read. Not read that whole thread and this may be in there but a re-post gets the newbies involved.

I will when I'm back in front of my computer.
    I didn't know there was an EMP sticky.
    I'm just an old broken down ex-navy nuc.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    A lot of great thoughts and perspectives.
    But I think a combination of all is perfect.
    I have a flatop AR15 (civilian M4) with folding backup rear sight, Aimpoint M3 and Surefire M500. Enough bateries to get me through the initial days, weeks or longer.
    As a backup to that I have the carry handle/sights and a 4X carry handle mount scope that is fairly rugged and dependable (no batteries needed). As well as the original M4 style handguards.
    So if the world continues downward spiral or an EMP event occurrs, I can go from a 2012 to 1970s weapon in about 10 minutes. That should allow me to remain on par with whatever local threats I encounter.
    But thats my thoughts.

Stay safe

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    SNIP...
    So if the world continues downward spiral or an EMP event occurrs, I can go from a 2012 to 1970s weapon in about 10 minutes. That should allow me to remain on par with whatever local threats I encounter.
    But thats my thoughts.

Stay safe

10 minutes, too long.

Proper BUIS's that are co-witnessed with your red dot and you're good to go immediately.

You don't have to pass go and collect $200.00, just continue to acquire, and squeeze.:ar15:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, too long. My M-4 has flip up iron front mid and work with the adj. rear in the carry handle. They all work well together and I have the gun dead on in it's operating range with the Aimpoint and the iron.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I love my setup on my AR. It is a holographic red dot on a riser with Magpul flip up iron sights that sight up right through the red dot. That way if my batteries die or get shut down, i click the iron sights up and its already sighted in.

Top Bottom