If President Barrack Obama knocked on your door ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If President Barrack Obama knocked on my door ...

• Total voters

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    We've only been contacted by three-letter organizations twice this year about posts and about four lawyers in reference to pending or on-going law suites, so this one may be okay.

Respectfully staying out of the discussion to not cause INGO any more problems.:whistle:

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Homey is the Commander in Chief. I would refuse no Commanding Officer entry to my abode, no matter how much I disagree with his politics. The only difference is, this Commander is supposed to work FOR me. Therefore, he would get an earful of distasteful rhetoric, all in the comfort of my foyer.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't like his sitting as POTUS but as President of the United States He would be welcomed in and MAYBE just MAYBE he'd listen to concerns I have about the direction the country is taking. More than likely he'd show no respect for me or my concerns but as the President I would at least like to know why he showed up at my door. AND...He'd better have a danmed good reason

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I voted that "I'd ask him to stay out" as the closest.

ACTUALLY if he knocked on my door,
    I'd offer that he drive over to my house ALONE,
    and knock on my door like a man.

Then I'd offer to let him in and we'd speak AS EQUALS, just him and me.

But of course he, like most Presidents and other powerful people are usually afraid to do this, as they make their decisions with the understanding that an army of people will guard them for the rest of their lives.

So they NEVER will have to walk down the street as "their own man" and face the world like the rest of us, answerable to those around them.

WHICH BEGS THE QUESTION:
    How much different would our elected leaders govern this country if they had to?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I voted that "I'd ask him to stay out" as the closest.

ACTUALLY if he knocked on my door,
    I'd offer that he drive over to my house ALONE,
    and knock on my door like a man.

Then I'd offer to let him in and we'd speak AS EQUALS, just him and me.

But of course he, like most Presidents and other powerful people are usually afraid to do this, as they make their decisions with the understanding that an army of people will guard them for the rest of their lives.

So they NEVER will have to walk down the street as "their own man" and face the world like the rest of us, answerable to those around them.

WHICH BEGS THE QUESTION:
    How much different would our elected leaders govern this country if they had to?

I really hope he gets over his fear of walking down the street as his "own man" as he won't have lifetime protection. George W. Bush was the first that got 10 years post presidency protection.

Public Law 103-329, I was going to post a nice link for you to read but the website is undergoing maintenance right now.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I voted to ask him to come in...then I would proceed to show him my firearms and then maybe the clown might not think we are all as scary as he thinks we are. On second though, I'm would probably just be wasting my time on that one.:n00b:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I really hope he gets over his fear of walking down the street as his "own man" as he won't have lifetime protection. George W. Bush was the first that got 10 years post presidency protection.

Public Law 103-329, I was going to post a nice link for you to read but the website is undergoing maintenance right now.

Every former President Including Bill Clinton have LIFETIME protection.

The only 10 years started with Bush #2.

But I doubt after the 10 years is up, that he or any other former President is just going to "be his own man" and be the guy next door.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Every former President Including Bill Clinton have LIFETIME protection.

The only 10 years started with Bush #2.

But I doubt after the 10 years is up, that he or any other former President is just going to "be his own man" and be the guy next door.

Yes. That is why I stated that G.W.B. was the first to be limited to 10 years. Basing things off the majority of people I've met, I wouldn't want to be the guy next door so I wouldn't blame a former president if they didn't want to be.

BRB while I go bash my head in with a hammer. :)

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes. That is why I stated that G.W.B. was the first to be limited to 10 years. Basing things off the majority of people I've met, I wouldn't want to be the guy next door so I wouldn't blame a former president if they didn't want to be.

BRB while I go bash my head in with a hammer. :)

Yes, you did say that Bush got 10 years.
    I just clarified it to include that everybody before him gets lifetime.

Actually, though I think Bush was wrong about a lot of things, he always came across to me as a good guy and I'd have no problem having him as a neighbor.
    He'd just have to instruct his people not to hassle me or my friends.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I voted to invite him in. I was raised to be polite and respectful. Maybe he would sit down and talk about some things we dont agree on.

bds792

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Bloomfield
    Well, unfortunately he's technically my boss, so I'd have to show him all the respect due the office. Then I'd vomit after he left.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So if you don't sit down and talk/listen, are you a better person than the person on the opposing side thatwon't talk/listen?
    Sorry, kinda thought that was America. Disagree, move on.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I am not a fan of Obama, but I would not turn him away, I would let him in. I would like to have my chance to discuss the issues with him. Now, if he wanted to spend the night, that would cost him. :D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And how many American soldiers died because of Bush's trumped-up wars?

How is this relevant? Bush is now nothing but a rancher in Texas and has nothing to do with the safety of Americans who could have been helped under most any leader other than the Apologist in Chief. Are you going to hold Obama responsible for his own decisions any time before January of 2017?

Top Bottom