• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm glad a few of you guys are getting good prices but most people I have messaged aren't too willing to negotiate unfortunately. Hopefully people will calm down and we all can start buying, selling, and trading at reasonable prices again ASAP!

Some of the willingness to negotiate depends on what you are wanting. AR sellers are freaking nuts right now.
    This is even creeping into 1911's.
    If you see something with 6 or more bumps to the top it is usually priced high or is not as advertised.
    Look at the initial posting date and go from there.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Even before the current market stupidity, I saw used guns for sale on the internet for more than I could buy a new one. Never underestimate the number of paranoids who will pay more for a used gun than a new one if it is "off the books."

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Being a noob to the board but around the planet for a while now...if you don't like the price, don't pay. Because someone pays too much does not mean that I have to help them recoup some of that loss.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Used Glock 17's or 19's are going for 600 - 700 in Columbus Ohio right now. Almost makes me want to sell some of mind.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Sorry, after reading through the posts, I am still trying to figure out how 3 of 4 dealers still had "old stock" in NIB gen 3 Glocks. Everyplace I know around here was sold out of at least the 9mm models at one point over the last 2 months. :dunno:

I am glad to see prices coming back down in some areas. I can only hope that makes it's way up here. My last set of rounds failed to turn up a new Gen 3 in the area for <$535 and the Gen 4s where north of $560. I would like to see them get back in stock and down in price to where they used to reside.

Last I knew, however, $491 was below MAP for any of the current Glock models and I know one dealer up this way got a warning this fall when he had them listed (sticker price) just a few dollars below MAP. Are you certain those were new Glocks listed at that price? Or where those the prices they offered to sell the Glock at while maintaining a higher price on the sticker? Not looking to get anybody in trouble, but more-or-less trying to figure out how "overpriced" this area is right now.

From a notice Davidson's sent dealers re: Glock MAP as of 2/2011:

http://www.galleryofguns.com/emails/images/FRM-72-38.pdf?utm..

Last edited:

Blondie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Theres a fool born every day, so stay locked into Ingo and Gunbrokers and learn what guns are worth before you buy.

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    I don't buy the **** people have over priced but I came on ingo to get away from the idiots on armslist. Apparently some followed me. Yes those glocks were new too. Call top guns in terre haute and you can pick one up tomorrow. They had a nice g23 I really wanted for around 525. Shop around before you buy people.

rdd2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    yep thank goodness for the internet everythings that way they pay to much then try to recoup but i always wonder if they actually get the inflated money

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    If you're finding the guns in your area, and they are no where to be found in most areas why not buy them? $525 sounds cheap to me for a brand new Gen. 4 Glock. Is it that you know you'll be adding more money to cover sales tax? Can't pass a NICS check? Or are you just a tight a$$ that wants to come on here and whine?

People can and will ask whatever price they want for their guns. After all it is THEIR property. If it is too high, move on, yes there are some hard headed guys on here that will bump their ad's 15 times and not lower their price.
    I bet their inbox is always empty too.

So guys, if you want to sell your guns, ammo and accessories, the panic is over, price it at fair prices and you'll get it sold.

:ranton:

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    I am a tight ass and I prefer to buy used because it saves a few bucks. I'd rather save a few dollars each gun and have enough to buy an extra. I came here to ingo because I was told it was a place where people are reasonable and ask for fair prices but I am mostly finding idiots who don't know the difference between a magazine and a clip. It's just frustrating not to be able to get on here and look at things to buy for a reasonable price.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have noticed the armslist and hoosier topics crowd on here as well.
    And yes, one of my co-workers calls it a "clip", drives me nuts. I understand, we all want a good deal, I buy used as well for that very reason.

With the way things are right now, it is hard to find a deal on a used gun, because of the high demand. I'm guessing by May or June, there may be some good gun deals to be had. Ammo, that could be a different story.

Also my rule of thumb is if I can buy a brand new one for another $50 to $100 dollars over what someone is asking for a used one, I just suck it up and go buy new. That way at least you know someone hasn't been running "hot" re-loads, or in the case of an AR, steel cased ammo, or other "abuse" :twocents:

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Ya I haven't bought any ar's on here I normally build but I like purchasing my handguns on here. I guess I will just have to wait until summer time to make a few purchases

apilcher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I am a tight ass and I prefer to buy used because it saves a few bucks. I'd rather save a few dollars each gun and have enough to buy an extra. I came here to ingo because I was told it was a place where people are reasonable and ask for fair prices but I am mostly finding idiots who don't know the difference between a magazine and a clip. It's just frustrating not to be able to get on here and look at things to buy for a reasonable price.

In my opinion, weapons and weaponry, is an intimidating topic for most. At the end of the day most folks in the world have no idea about what the difference between a mag and a clip is....I think people come here to start their education process or, like me to align with like minded folks. Besides - and back on topic - it is my hope that my investment in anything - including firearms - grows. No one wants to loose money on anything. If someone wants to pay 700 bucks a Glock - well I would have a few to spare. That, my friend, isn't price gouging, that is supply and demand.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom