• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I got a good laugh out of this... Hopefully he learns to think more and knows what happened!

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    A friend of mine bought a Barrett 50cal and took it out to sight it in. He laid his P/U tailgate down but wasn't in a comfortable position to shoot out of the bed from a prone position.

He decided to put a chair on the side of the tailgate and shoot across the bed out into a target on a hillside. He had friends and family all around when he pulled the trigger and all sorts of debris exploded around them. Seems the blast from the muzzle break exploded the tail light assembly on his brand new Ram 3500. LOL

The reaction from the crowd was the best! Almost better than the 4th of July!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I want to laugh, but really can't.

This past weekend I went on a hunting trip out of state. Was in a permanent stand with sliding windows that were about 6 inches tall. I was alone in the stand, checking the various shooting lanes through the scope. I'd done this a few times before I actually thought to check the clearance. Sure enough, the way I was set, there's a good chance I would've clipped the top half-inch of the bottom of the window track. I rearranged so that the end of the barrel would actually extend out the window.

Not ideal, but I didn't want to worry about it. :)

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    He does join some "distinguished" company

0PsO7El.gif

CCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2014
    Northeast
    OOPs

Even if the bullet did not hit the roof, notice the powder burns on the paint.

I have taken a few shots across hoods and truck beds. Never shot into them though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Eh.... Seen it happen more then once. Usually a nice crease in the hood. Even had one buddy shoot through the opposite side of his truck bed with my rifle. Don't get me wrong it was a dumb move.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Eh.... Seen it happen more then once. Usually a nice crease in the hood. Even had one buddy shoot through the opposite side of his truck bed with my rifle. Don't get me wrong it was a dumb move.

Like scope bite, I bet it learns you real quick.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom