Idiot ran over my mailbox, ground is frozen, options?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Born and raised in Huntington Beach. Went to college in SoCal.

I probably lived near you...

As others have said, the politics make Kommiefornia a tough place for freedom-loving individuals to live. My wife wants to move back... hell no.

I was actually a NAUI Asst. Dive Instructor in college and used to dive a lot. Usually went to Laguna Beach or Catalina/Channel Islands if using a boat.

Enjoy the great weather. But be careful not to strap that pistol to your waist, unless you are one of the lucky few to have a CCW.

Where do you live in HB?

Very cool.. A So-Cal boy.. I wouldn’t move back... Hell I'm trying to get out.. hahaa

I'm near Beach and Adams.

I'm in shorts and a t-shirt, too. I'll put on a hoodie once it gets below 32 or so. My own family considers me crazy!

Here's are current weather and forecast. 46322 Weather Forecast and Conditions

OMG.. that’s cold.. Thank you for the link thou.. interesting / different indeed..

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Take a drill to the 4x4 post and drill straight down the middle on both ends, take a piece of rebar or threaded bar and hammer it halfway into the bottom half, then place the mailbox half ontop of the pipe, and hammer down until the 2 pieces rejoin. If you have a drill it' should only cost you a couple of bucks and'll last until you get a new post in the summer

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Two years ago I had to have my septic tank pumped in the middle of January and with the ground being frozen solid I knew this was going to be a nasty long job.

Then I had the brilliant idea of getting a 4 foot - 12 inch wide section of duct work with a flexible 90 degree elbow on the end to divert hot air off of my propane powered salamander to the ground.

After a little while I was able to dig down to get to the tank top with no problem what so ever.

You should be able to do the same thing, but you'll just have to do a couple of thaw-digs to get to your right depth to place a new pole.

I'll also suggest using a 4x4 along with one of the new style mail box's that slide over the 4x4 and uses a anchor screw to keep it fastened to it.

I got one that's similar to this but has a flower box on the house side. Yje wife had to have her say on it.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_68112-1547-545200_4294856644+5003699_19_?productId=3037658&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_50%2B100_4294856644%2B5003699_19_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_quantity_sold%7C1&facetInfo=$50 - $100

Top Bottom