• Poll for interest

• Total voters

Marlin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    North Liberty
    I would be interested if there was a way to do it through out the state. Little far for me to drive from northern indiana to the bloomington area.

jwennet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Maryland
    Hello All,

Last year I organized Shoot for the Cure® at our skeet & Trap Center in Maryland (Greater Baltimore area) to benefit the Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. In spite of the sensitivity to guns in this area, the event was a resounding success. We raised just under $10,000 and had over 170 participants.

We reached out beyond the shooting community by inviting the non-shooting public to participate. In essence, we use leveraged the event to introduce new people to the sport and show them the shooting community is a great community partner. The center got great news coverage on the local tv stations and newspapers, along with great post event write-ups.

I love clay shooting, and the shooting community, and see this effort as a great way for us to be the real ambassadors of gun owners—not the criminals and stereotypes we see in the news.

If you need any help promoting your event, I would love to help out. This year, I changed the name of our event to Clays Against Breast Cancer, and set up a website: CLAYS AGAINST CANCER | HOME. I am hoping to make it a broader platform for other types of fundraising, and for multiple charitable organizations. I would be more than happy to promote your event on the site as well.

Please feel free to contact me at jasonwennet@claysagainstcancer.org if you'd like more info. Good luck with your event, and thanks for a great job representing the shooting community.

PS-a little caution about using the name Shoot for the Cure—it is trademarked by Komen, so you must get their permission to avoid possible legal action against your event.

Top Bottom