I went for a drive, ended up in Bluffton!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    Monday went for a drive. Loaded up the kids. Then drove. The vehicle pointed it's way to Bluffton. For some reason it felt I needed to go to 21st. Century. Imagine my dismay. I had to go in since I was there. Jerry hooked me up. I was forced to leave with a bodyguard .380 and holster. Great place. If you haven't visited, do so. A few other customers there. All were treated equally as well. Oh, don't take the kids. They are worse than me. Even the 3 yr. old wanted a pink rifle! Brought a tear to my eye. the 8 yr. old was looking at the nasty black rifles and everything I couldn't afford. the 14 yr. old well..... he takes after his dad! I'm so proud.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Monday went for a drive. Loaded up the kids. Then drove. The vehicle pointed it's way to Bluffton. For some reason it felt I needed to go to 21st. Century. Imagine my dismay. I had to go in since I was there. Jerry hooked me up. I was forced to leave with a bodyguard .380 and holster. Great place. If you haven't visited, do so. A few other customers there. All were treated equally as well. Oh, don't take the kids. They are worse than me. Even the 3 yr. old wanted a pink rifle! Brought a tear to my eye. the 8 yr. old was looking at the nasty black rifles and everything I couldn't afford. the 14 yr. old well..... he takes after his dad! I'm so proud.

Definitely makes for a proud daddy!:yesway: Glad to see you are raising them right!!!

drapnw01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    I'm glad to see Bluffton pulling in some out-of-towners, stimulating the local economy. I've lived in Bluffton for years and had no idea that 21st century was such a popular store. It's always busy when I go in there but I just assumed there were a lot of gun owners in town and never really questioned it until I started reading posts on here and seeing how many people are willing to make the trip. I've also frequented other stores and realized just how lucky I am to have competent people so close. I also bought a Bodyguard from them, I love it!

Gotta love parents teaching their kids early. I really think it gets them started off on the right foot to teach them young so they understand the responsibility of handling and owning firearms. IMO, they are much less likely to mishandle guns later in life and its actually safer having them know about them instead of letting their curiosity figure it out the hard way. Kudos to you for involving them.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    They get to help clean and watch when I shoot. I talk the whole time about safety and quiz them as we go. The 14 y/o is due to go back out. He shot a handgun for the first time last year. A .40 Glock! Might as well start him off right. And my Grandpas .22.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm glad to see Bluffton pulling in some out-of-towners, stimulating the local economy. I've lived in Bluffton for years and had no idea that 21st century was such a popular store. It's always busy when I go in there but I just assumed there were a lot of gun owners in town and never really questioned it until I started reading posts on here and seeing how many people are willing to make the trip. I've also frequented other stores and realized just how lucky I am to have competent people so close. I also bought a Bodyguard from them, I love it!

Gotta love parents teaching their kids early. I really think it gets them started off on the right foot to teach them young so they understand the responsibility of handling and owning firearms. IMO, they are much less likely to mishandle guns later in life and its actually safer having them know about them instead of letting their curiosity figure it out the hard way. Kudos to you for involving them.

I've driven 30 minutes there many times. Great price on ammo, great gun selection and price, exceptional staff. Can't wait for the store in the Fort!:rockwoot:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I made the drive to Buffton for the first time myself today, (well actually myself & my youngest daughter) anyway I was originally looking for an FN PS90 but since they didn't have any in stock I ended up walking out the door with an Oly K23 instead.

Unfortunately by the time I drove the hour or so back home & got the Eotech XPS2 mounted on the K23 a thunderstorm rolled in on us & we didn't get a chance to hit the range & shoot it.

But yea I liked the shop, everyone seemed really nice & helpful (which is a big deal to me, I don't like poor customer service), prices were hit & miss on some stuff but over-all they seemed willing to cut deals if asked (I was given a 3.5% discount on my K23) so I guess it really depends on how much margin they have on any given item for them to wheel & deal within.

I'm definitely going back again, if nothing else for the great customer service that I got today, even if it is a 2 hour round trip.

drapnw01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    I've never seen their prices be too far out of line but you are right, some guns are a better deal than others in there. Also if you really want to get a deal from them watch for when they go to gun shows. They were at the Coliseum earlier this year where I found my Bodyguard. There were 14 of them sold that morning in the first 3 hours, I found the last one at their booth and they gave me a really good deal on it even knowing it was the last one and they could have jacked the price up and I would have still walked out of there with it.

Man, now I'm itching to go find a reason to buy something new...

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    I've never seen their prices be too far out of line but you are right, some guns are a better deal than others in there. Also if you really want to get a deal from them watch for when they go to gun shows. They were at the Coliseum earlier this year where I found my Bodyguard. There were 14 of them sold that morning in the first 3 hours, I found the last one at their booth and they gave me a really good deal on it even knowing it was the last one and they could have jacked the price up and I would have still walked out of there with it.

Man, now I'm itching to go find a reason to buy something new...

Do you REALLY need a reason?:D

Pattypat25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I bought my Bodyguard 380 from them in April, I drove all the way from Lafayette. Great Shop!!! To the OP, what kind of holster did you buy?

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    I picked up a Tague in the pants holster. Nylon. I wore it foe a couple hours yesterday and forgot it was there. It fits the lcp. But fits the bodyguard. Perfect!

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I somehow ended up there after work today and walked out with some XS Big Dots for my Glock. Good place, great people.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have been seriously eyeing one of those. Have you shot the gun yet? I am curious is it bits the hand like my LCP does.:dunno:

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    21st Century also has plenty of reloading componets for the guys that roll their own. They have a great selection of powders.

Top Bottom