• Status
    Not open for further replies.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Ok, I dont like being wrong or admitting it. but because of the sensitive nature of the topic, involving a police officer who was recently shot, and the fact that what I said was so closedminded and sick, I feel its very necessary for me to publicly apologize for my heartless and inappropriate comment. I dont have any emotional attachment to the issue ( I didnt know him) and therefore I didnt step back and recognize or show respect for those that do, and shot my mouth off. I do however know what its like to lose a brother like this, and after reflecting on that I am sick with myself. I apologize and if I hurt feelings I am sorry. and I mean it. I am a big supporter of speaking ones mind, but sometimes I forget that there is a time to keep ones mouth shut, and I blew the chance to do so. I was wrong. After time to think and reflect and someone I regard as a friend telling me I was wrong, I am truely discusted in myself for posting my comment. I wish I could take it back.

I dont pray, but my thoughts are with this officer, his family and his brothers in blue. what happened today was a senseless and criminal tragedy, and I had no right to crap on the honor or actions of the IMPD department like I did today, by opening my mouth. disagreements can be discussed at later days but today its all about thoughts and prayers for a good man.

Last edited:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I didnt see you comment, so I cant give my opinion on it but it takes a big person to admit publicly that they did wrong. It happens, Ive made stupid, ill-timed remarks before. All one can do is apologize. Its up to the others to worry about forgiveness

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I don't think you were out of line. Your points were valid.

You are a free man (sorta), in a free country (sorta), who is free to speak his mind (sorta).

It's like the current drive to squash hurtful, disagreeable, or volatile speech after the AZ shooting...

It's BS.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Ok, I dont like being wrong or admitting it. but because of the sensitive nature of the topic, involving a police officer who was recently shot, and the fact that what I said was so closedminded and sick, I feel its very necessary for me to publicly apologize for my heartless and inappropriate comment. I dont have any emotional attachment to the issue ( I didnt know him) and therefore I didnt step back and recognize or show respect for those that do, and shot my mouth off. I do however know what its like to lose a brother like this, and after reflecting on that I am sick with myself. I apologize and if I hurt feelings I am sorry. and I mean it. I am a big supporter of speaking ones mind, but sometimes I forget that there is a time to keep ones mouth shut, and I blew the chance to do so. I was wrong. After time to think and reflect and someone I regard as a friend telling me I was wrong, I am truely discusted in myself for posting my comment. I wish I could take it back.

I dont pray, but my thoughts are with this officer, his family and his brothers in blue. what happened today was a senseless and criminal tragedy, and I had no right to crap on the honor or actions of the IMPD department like I did today, by opening my mouth. disagreements can be discussed at later days but today its all about thoughts and prayers for a good man.
    You, sir, already have my respect, but now, even more, I like you, don't like being wrong, but when I have to admit it, I do.... YOU, sir are an upstanding person, and I am glad I know you, and we are friends...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    All of us are occasionally guilty of talking faster than our brain is capable of working. A man tries to learn from it and do better in the future, but understanding that you will likely fail again.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't think you were out of line. Your points were valid.

You are a free man (sorta), in a free country (sorta), who is free to speak his mind (sorta).

It's like the current drive to squash hurtful, disagreeable, or volatile speech after the AZ shooting...

It's BS.
    There is a time and place. Probably wasn't the right time. Although I was expecting to hear it, we always do after such an effort.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    He's just try'n to get his gold badge back

I dont care about the rep badge, i mentioned it to make my point. All my rep, unlike a lot of other members here, came from people who sincerely agree with my views and took their time to acknowledge it. I dont rep whore. so the badge wasn't stolen from me by fenway, it was stolen from other good members who issued their rep freely and gratefully. but I will be clear my apology is for my comment regarding the double standard. I still feel the site owners actions were a form of bullying, but not surprising to anyone im sure.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Not surprising!

I dont care about the rep badge, i mentioned it to make my point. All my rep, unlike a lot of other members here, came from people who sincerely agree with my views and took their time to acknowledge it. I dont rep whore. so the badge wasn't stolen from me by fenway, it was stolen from other good members who issued their rep freely and gratefully. but I will be clear my apology is for my comment regarding the double standard. I still feel the site owners actions were a form of bullying, but not surprising to anyone im sure.

What was 100% not surprising was the content of your post and who posted it. Forgive? Not that it's up to me to do so but............no chance!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Appreciated E5RANGER375.

I will also offer an apology. Emotions were running high for me yesterday. Dave is a friend of mine and being in such close proximity to the man who shot him and having to maintain my professionalism and not beat him to a pulp took a lot out of me. It was a long and difficult day.

I apologize.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Appreciated E5RANGER375.

I will also offer an apology. Emotions were running high for me yesterday. Dave is a friend of mine and being in such close proximity to the man who shot him and having to maintain my professionalism and not beat him to a pulp took a lot out of me. It was a long and difficult day.

I apologize.
    did he say why he done it? i just fail to see how someone can shoot a stranger. but i guess theres alot of things i dont understand about the criminal mind.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    did he say why he done it? i just fail to see how someone can shoot a stranger. but i guess theres alot of things i dont understand about the criminal mind.

I was working with the SWAT team so all we did was handcuff him, ask him what his name was then hand him over to Detectives. I haven't heard how the interviews have gone or are going. They haven't announced him being charged in the shooting yet, only that they believe he is the shooter. Ballistics testing of the gun will probably result in those charges being filed if it is a match.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Appreciated E5RANGER375.

I apologize.

I fully understand. apology accepted. i should have just not commented. My thoughts are with your friend, and you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom