I was "out-ed" on a conference call tonight!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My inlaws had a group of Korean nursing exchange students over for dinner one night. These girls had never seen a gun up close, much less ever handle one.
    :thatshot:
    My father in law has a fantastic gun collection and each girl giggled and had her picture taken hefting a nice M1 Garand. :D

........That said, I had a very heated discussion with a young female lawyer that hated guns and saw no reason for anyone to own one..........

Well, I happen to know a female lawyer that carries all the time, a Kimber Ultra BTW, so the cancels that one out, oh and she has an AR so thats a 1 up. :yesway:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Some people are so used to living the way they have been for generations that they have absolutely no idea of how we live here. I had a friend in Belgium (a native) who sent me an email during the election congratulating me and the US on electing someone like B.H.O!

Congratulations? Are you kidding me?:rolleyes: :xmad:

I have not replied to his email...

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    gun-control.jpg

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I work for a company with facilities in 20+ countries and have had similar things come up. Nobody can understand America's obsession with guns. They all seem to forget that without American guns, and the men behind them, most of them wouldn't be enjoying the freedoms they have today. I remind my European colleagues that if it wasn't for the shooting prowess of American farm boys 65 years ago, they would all be speaking German right now.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    It is a good thing Americans own guns.

I have a feeling this would be in German or Japanese if Americans didn't own guns. Other nations just don't get us ......... and I really don't give a crap that they don't get us either.:patriot: Americans have spilled enough blood on foreign soil making their lives better to pay for our arrogance.

Last edited:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    RIGHT FREAKIN' ON!!!

I work for a company with facilities in 20+ countries and have had similar things come up. Nobody can understand America's obsession with guns. They all seem to forget that without American guns, and the men behind them, most of them wouldn't be enjoying the freedoms they have today. I remind my European colleagues that if it wasn't for the shooting prowess of American farm boys 65 years ago, they would all be speaking German right now.

:yesway:
    I have a feeling this would be in German or Japanese if Americans didn't own guns. Other nations just don't get us ......... and I really don't give a crap that they don't get us either.:patriot: Americans have spilled enough blood on foreign soil making their lives better to pay for our arrogance.

I completely agree with these right,honorable gentlemen. The ungrateful free world forgets that a Gestapo torture chamber or Japanese slave camp would be right down the street if it were not for brave Americans!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Originally Posted by Hoosier45

A1 100% correct. I believe we shouldn't be arrogant in our foriegn policy, and we should treat all other nations as soveriegn states, with due respect, but we don't have to take all of the "Damn Yankee" bashing that goes on in international meetings, or press. We freed them, rebuilt their economies, forgave their debt, and we're the bad guys? KMA.

Top Bottom