• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    So, I go to this place (I will not name, dont ask) and I'm talking a bit to the guy beind the counter, and he tells me that he just picked up a 709. Of course my gun lust trumps my self-preservation and I ask to handle it.

He unholsters it and then procedes to tell me that there "is one in the chamber" and sweeps me with the muzzle twice. On the 2nd sweep I can see that the manual safety is not engaged.

So I try to stay cool and take 2 steps back without causing a scene, (as I'm not feeling like getting gut shot today) and then he drops the mag AND WORKS THE SLIDE WITH HIS FINGER RESTING ON THE TRIGGER!!

Lesson learned. Never ask anyone to check out their carry piece.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I wouldn't ask to handle someones carry gun that I didn't know... and I certainly wouldn't hand a stranger my carry gun (loaded or unloaded).

Most people have horrible gun handling techniques.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    mmmm...
    looks like someone needs a lesson on how to properly handle a live firearm, glad there was no accidental discharge, especially when the muzzle was pointing down range.

Scary, never the less! I personally would have ripped him a new one!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    On the first sweep I would have politely told him not to point the weapon in my direction.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! :+1:
    That sounds like a very wise course of action. For example, "Hey man, don't point that thing at me, OK? It makes me very nervous!"

Second time it happens, I'm walking away with a casual, "Thanks, man. Gotta get on down the road."

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I wasn't there but by the way you described it, that might be the last time he every saw me. I may be in the minority here but I don't like to have loaded guns pointed at me and at a minimum would have let him know that.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! :+1:
    That sounds like a very wise course of action. For example, "Hey man, don't point that thing at me, OK? It makes me very nervous!"

Second time it happens, I'm walking away with a casual, "Thanks, man. Gotta get on down the road."
    Yeah:): I'll do my shoppin elsewhere.

Top Bottom