• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    sounds like a blast. when and where might the next one be? id really like to learn it. i live in kokomo. sundays would be ideal.....but i am due for a sat off

thanks for the input ahead of time guys

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    sounds like a blast. when and where might the next one be? id really like to learn it. i live in kokomo. sundays would be ideal.....but i am due for a sat off

thanks for the input ahead of time guys
    MCFG used to do it on Sat., but I have not been there in years...someone here will know...

Mossmug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Greene County
    Build your own pin table,get pins, timer, and you are in.

It is easy and fun.
    The only pin league I know of is in Seymour ( ask Acme guns ) .:rockwoot:

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Bowling Pin Shooting

I have shot in one match here in southern Indiana at the Red Brush Range. They have a bowling pin shoot every thursday night and it's a blast. I'm not much on shooting in tightly regulated events, maybe thats why I like pin shooting. I would shoot more often but I have trouble with my back and picking up the pins after a round is quite painful. Do it, you won't regret it. :yesway:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Suggestions for your first try:
    Heavy bullets beat high velocity. Go for the heaviest bullets you can find in your caliber.
    Select a gun that allows fast recovery and quick sight picture.
    Concentrate on the basics of sight picture and trigger rather than speed. Accurate shots beat fast misses every time.
    Small guns tend to be at a disadvantage. Try to use 45ACP 230 gr., or 40 S&W with 180 gr. bullets or similar.
    The idea is to knock the pin straight back off the table. Sweet spot is maybe 1" wide by 4" high. Hit otherwise and you knock pin on it's side where it rolls in circles.
    It's a blast, you'll love it.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    i think im gonna have to go soon and check out the one on the 4th sat of every month. would i be better off using my kimber eclipse(8+1) or my hk usp c .40(12+1)? any suggestions. do hollow points have ANY advantage?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    MCF&G has an 8 round limit. This is to keep things fairly even between the single stack guys and the new high cap pistols. Personally, I'd go with the 45 because of the heavy bullet and the heavier gun for less muzzle jump. I have done well with my Kimber Gold Match. Nothing wrong with the HK but you need heavy bullets and this will cause muzzle flip problems with the light/compact gun.
    I have seen NO advantage in hollow points. No disadvantage either but why spend the $. 230 gr. WW white box works as well as anything in the 45. Shot placement is everything, equipment means little if you can hit the mark.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    This is my first year as a member a Martinsville S.C.C. and I'm pretty sure they have pin matches on certain Saturdays. I've never done it, but plan to get involved this year. I assume you must be a member to participate though...

I still haven't gotten it yet but will be picking up a .22 for the rimfire class!!!!!

Top Bottom