• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Hands down the best way I've found is a little adapter that connects to the back of your Jeep stereo where a cd changer would typically go.

About $60 and easy to install. Basically, now I can connect anything with a 1/8" earphone plug directly into my stereo system.

Amazon.com: Precision Interface Electronics CHRY02-AUX Add an auxiliary input to select 2002-04 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles: Car Electronics

The link is to the one I bought but make sure you get the one for your model/year.

I have a similar setup to this for my Ipod in my BMW. Sounds as good as a cd. Even get to use the steering wheel controls.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I had a new stereo installed in my Cobalt for this reason. I don't like the FM transmitters one bit. I chose the least expensive option that had a front USB port. I could've installed it myself but chose to have it professionally installed.

I don't regret it one bit. I plug in my iPhone with the USB cable every time I get in the car. Not only do I play my music from my phone, but I can also charge it. I've always got a car charger with me since all I need is the little cable. Also much better quality than an FM transmitter would be.

simpson1922

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Benre, IN
    if you google it you can find instructions to wire a aux jack into about any factory radio and you can buy all the parts at radio shack for less than $10. i just put one in my 02 chevy truck and it works great cost only 2.49 for the jack and about a hours time

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Is just replace the stereo seriously. A stereo that has an Ipod dock start as low as $80 plus maybe $7 for the wiring kit and whatever a dash install kit runs for your jeep maybe around $20. If your around Ft Wayne I could help you put it in. Its usually really easy.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Is just replace the stereo seriously. A stereo that has an Ipod dock start as low as $80 plus maybe $7 for the wiring kit and whatever a dash install kit runs for your jeep maybe around $20. If your around Ft Wayne I could help you put it in. Its usually really easy.

Will it continue to integrate with the stereo controls on the steering wheel?

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Will it continue to integrate with the stereo controls on the steering wheel?

Some models can but its going to be more $$$. I cant name any off the top of my head and there may be an adapter as well that im not sure of. A friend of mine had a Grand Prix that had a radio like that.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Rear is best for if you have an Ipod cause you can just get another USB charger and route it to your glove box if you plan on it being in your vehicle all the time, but if your using an Iphone or if you want access to the device all the time a front mounted USB would be best. If its set up to work with an I whatever it will also charge the device and you can control it using the stereo some are easier than others though. I guess there are adapters for aftermarket Car Stereos. Also an aftermarket stereo will usually make your speakers sound better ( I cant stand factory radios)

Car Selector

I highly recommend Crutchfield they have anything you want in car stereo stuff.

Top Bottom