• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I want to play my iPhone thru the speakers of my Jeep. The factory radio doesn't have an AUX jack for headphones or anything, so I can't go that route.

What is the best way to go, that you guys have found? I really don't want to replace the radio, but I can see myself doing that, but not yet.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    yep FM transmitter is your only option, at this point.

I would suggest getting a 5 or 10 watt transmitter that way, you and every one with in a mile or so of you will hear what you are playing.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    You just need an RF transmitter.

They make specific ones for the Iphone...you plug your phone into this device and it plugs into your cigarette lighter. They you tune your radio to a specific radio frequency and whola iphone through your car :)

Here is a link to a BBY version.
    Griffin - RoadTrip Hands-Free Vehicle Dock for Apple® iPod® and iPhone® - NA15005 car accessories&cp=1&lp=12

Note there are better cheaper ones out there but this was one I could find quickly just to show you.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Hands down the best way I've found is a little adapter that connects to the back of your Jeep stereo where a cd changer would typically go.

About $60 and easy to install. Basically, now I can connect anything with a 1/8" earphone plug directly into my stereo system.

http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Interface-Electronics-CHRY02-AUX-auxiliary/dp/B002GJCW68

The link is to the one I bought but make sure you get the one for your model/year.

Last edited:

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    I had an RF modulator installed into my wifes expedition. It is under the dash and gets better reception than the cig lighter type. It also came with an aux plug to use.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My truck has a cassette tape player in it. I still have an old CD-cassette tape adaptor from back in the day when CD players were not common in vehicles...I use it to input my Iphone into my stereo and it works pretty good.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Hands down the best way I've found is a little adapter that connects to the back of your Jeep stereo where a cd changer would typically go.

About $60 and easy to install. Basically, now I can connect anything with a 1/8" earphone plug directly into my stereo system.

Amazon.com: Precision Interface Electronics CHRY02-AUX Add an auxiliary input to select 2002-04 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles: Car Electronics

The link is to the one I bought but make sure you get the one for your model/year.

Huge :+1:, That's the only the only way to go IMHO. I can't stand those stupid FM transmitters, static galore.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    In my way of thinking, if I have to open the dash, or take the radio out, I might as well just replace the whole stereo.

I'll look into that FM transmitter. I may even look into new stereos...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Huge :+1:, That's the only the only way to go IMHO. I can't stand those stupid FM transmitters, static galore.

:+1: I don't like FM modulators. I get sick of trying to find an open channel when I'm driving. In some areas, it's so congested that there's nothing open enough to allow me to use the modulator without a ton of annoying static. I eventually got fed up and just bought a new head unit with an AUX port and a USB port on the front. The USB is technically for connecting an iPod, but I use it to charge my cellphone. and I use the AUX for my MP3 player. It was WELL worth the money.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    :+1: I don't like FM modulators. I get sick of trying to find an open channel when I'm driving. In some areas, it's so congested that there's nothing open enough to allow me to use the modulator without a ton of annoying static. I eventually got fed up and just bought a new head unit with an AUX port and a USB port on the front. The USB is technically for connecting an iPod, but I use it to charge my cellphone. and I use the AUX for my MP3 player. It was WELL worth the money.

just as a heads up. you can put music on a thumb drive and plug it into that USB port and play music from it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    just as a heads up. you can put music on a thumb drive and plug it into that USB port and play music from it.

Yeah, but I don't. I don't like the browsing controls on my head unit. I'd rather plug my iPod into AUX and use the iPod controls instead. According to the instructions, you can disable the head unit control of the iPod when it's connected to USB, but I've never gotten it to work right, so I just stick with AUX. Plus, it leaves the USB port open for recharging my phone.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    FM transmitters suck, IMO. I tried about 3 of them and gave up. Replaced both of my stereos with ones that had USB jacks and iPhone integration, couldn't be happier.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah, but I don't. I don't like the browsing controls on my head unit. I'd rather plug my iPod into AUX and use the iPod controls instead. According to the instructions, you can disable the head unit control of the iPod when it's connected to USB, but I've never gotten it to work right, so I just stick with AUX. Plus, it leaves the USB port open for recharging my phone.

very good point, Im lucky that my head unit works great with my ipod. I just thought i would throw that out there incase you didnt know.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I paid 30 bucks at wally world for an AM/FM stereo that also had an AUX input on the front panel.

Took me about 10 minutes to install (well, it didn't help some douche stole my pioneer cd player...)

It was an off brand, but served it's purpose. I don't like broadcasting unencrypted stuff though.

Top Bottom