• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I am looking for a knife to carry. I don't really know much about all these knives out there today so you will have to advise me.

Here is what I am looking for generally -

1. I want a folding knife
    2. I will carry it in my pocket most of the time. It does not need to be big but I don't want a tiny little knife either.
    3. I hunt and fish but this knife will not be for gutting deer. I have a set of Buck knives for that. This knife would be more of a utility knife - like cutting paracord or whatever. A knife to use in the field and everyday use not a self defense knife.
    4. I want to have an open assist on it so I can open it with one hand.
    5. I want a good blade. Outer material of the handle I don't necessarily have a preference about, aluminum or wood. Just whatever has the total package.
    6. What is my budget? Well I knew you were going to ask that:D I don't necessarily have a budget right now. I will have to decide that as I see the suggestions and what I think that I am willing to pay for the right knife. But I guess I don't really want to pay $200.00 for one. $100- $125 seems reasonable to me but maybe I am nuts?
    7. serrations on blade? You would have to school me on that also as to how that would help me or not.

Let's hear some suggestions please:popcorn:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Benchmade. Nuff said. Contact Brad Knives here on INGO. He will hook you up with the perfect model and an amazing price.

Serrated knives are nice when you need a serrated edge, but they are a B**** to sharpen, and a very sharp knife will cut just about anything. I do not have a serrated knife, and have never come across anything I can't cut.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Benchmade. Nuff said. Contact Brad Knives here on INGO. He will hook you up with the perfect model and an amazing price.

Serrated knives are nice when you need a serrated edge, but they are a B**** to sharpen, and a very sharp knife will cut just about anything. I do not have a serrated knife, and have never come across anything I can't cut.
    ^^^^ THis.

and since you don't list a price point. I will add SOG, Microtech, and Spyderco to the list of recommendations. And Brad sales them all.

you can PM him and get very quick responses. INGunOwners - View Profile: Bradsknives

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    2u7romc.jpg

I've had one of these Ares for years. Probably my all-time favorite carry knife.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana

THIS
    +1 for Brad and Benchmade.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Get with Brad and get in on the ZT group buy. The ZT 350 sounds like what you are looking for.

I am PMing with him and whittling the details so he can give me some suggestions. But I think you are right. I was looking at that posted thread and I was going to ask him what the price of that one was after I saw what his recommendations are.

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    While this is in no way a 'quality' knife, walmart does have some pretty basic knives in their hunting section for $1.00. It does have an open assist and some serrations. I got a few to have handy. I keep one in my purse in case I ever need to cut a seat belt in case of an accident. I also keep one in my range bag just in case. I figured for $1.00, if it holds up to one use, I got my monies worth, and if I happen to drop it in a river, or it gets lost in a car accident aftermath, no biggie. I bought, like, 8 of them.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    While this is in no way a 'quality' knife, walmart does have some pretty basic knives in their hunting section for $1.00. It does have an open assist and some serrations. I got a few to have handy. I keep one in my purse in case I ever need to cut a seat belt in case of an accident. I also keep one in my range bag just in case. I figured for $1.00, if it holds up to one use, I got my monies worth, and if I happen to drop it in a river, or it gets lost in a car accident aftermath, no biggie. I bought, like, 8 of them.

What kind of a purse do you carry?:D

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Just because it matches your shoes, doesn't make it a purse. It has to have a completely random set of objects rattling around the bottom in order for it to qualify as a purse.

For example, I have a
    *few pieces of spent brass (cause they flew in there from my first time at the range)
    *a stain stick thingy I got as a sample at the grocery store
    *receipts for purchases made in 2002
    *ponytail holder
    *chapstick
    *matchbox car
    *nintendo ds game with the sticker gone, so I have NO IDEA what it is

Now THATS a purse!

Top Bottom