• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm sort of a lurker on this forum. Mostly I just read the handguns and ammo section for tips and stuff. Lately, I've been reading the politics threads a lot. I like reading view points that conflict with mine, it gives me some sort of perspective and I like seeing what's happening with the opposite end of the political spectrum. I feel like sometimes the discussions on this section of the forums are sort of one sided, its a lot of preaching to the choir, so I would like to express my more "liberal" opinions and shock you guys.

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.
    2. I'm pro-choice.
    3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.
    4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that.
    5. I think evolution is as good of a theory as the theory of gravity.
    6. Let gays marry, why not?
    7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.
    8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately.
    9. I don't think taxation is that horrible.
    10. I like the idea of "socialized" healthcare.

And just so the moderators don't think I'm some sort of liberal troll from outer-space, yes I'm from Indiana. Yes I'm a gun-owner and I love guns of all kinds. I love to go the range when I can. I too am having a hard time finding ammunition. But anyways, here I am.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    :rolleyes:

1. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I think extremists on either side are likely to be terrorists.
    At least we can agree here, they aren't all terrorists, and not all terrorists are Muslims. But I still stereotype, or more appropriately labled, have situational awareness.

2. I'm pro-choice.
    So murder is ok... unless you like to use the argument about rape and living with that baby or some other kind of 1% debate that doesn't reflect the actually use of the law. Abortions desingn was for convienence not health issues, 2 completely different ends of the spectrem. By the way... watch this vid, Your president supports this!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W75zh1j2I"]YouTube - Dr. Lile PBA Partial Birth Abortion...[/ame]​

3. I don't think the sky is falling and don't believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.
    Hmm where did 700 billion dollars come from? Why wasn't it there before? And money and the sky aren't linked. But to ignore tho possibilities that society might be vulable to collapse isn't a foil hat is preparedness. To think that the Gov will just take care of us is ignorant and arogent, you aren't so important that they give 2 sh!ts about you and me.

4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that. Right, it rained yesterday and sunny today.... the climate changed' this has been happening for about 4 or 6 thousand years (since the begining of earth and man)

Evolution is a fact, things do adampt over time, however we all evolved from something other than Adam and Eve and being created in God's Image... I suppose we will just have a fundimental difference here. BTW gravity isn't a theory, its a real force.

The Gov has no business in matromoney either way its a religious celebration not a Gov. Juncture.

7. I don't think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas but he has just as many wacky ones.
    Evidence based practice... name a few wacky ones to defend your point; he is less awesome than Palin.

8. I don't think there is a liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant lately.
    Hmmm....Don't those go hand in hand! J/K, notice no media reports on "Troops Lost" since Obama's office? Notice they don't beat him down for aggressing the war in Af-stan? Notice the even cover his "dates" with his wife? Notice they down played the Airforce One Fly over? These are just a few off the top of my head.

No, but redistribution of wealth is. And taxing the rich is discrimination.

10. I like the idea of "socialized" health care.
    I don't want the Gov. to tell me what procedure my doctor can and can't do for me regardless of my age or health condition... My life isn't worth Gov. Statistical Analysis for pro's and con's.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    IBTL :rockwoot:

obaba-weed-goodforyou.jpg

Last edited:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You're right and I agree, the discussion is one-sided at times.
    Many reasons why. But, first thing is to respect and possibly respectfully disagree with someone else's opinions.

Good Luck, though!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Okay, now for my funny reply

Ron, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, Let us take you out to the range shooting with us. ;)

I want to avoid the target stand/bracket fee at Atterbury....

First-timers have to 'work their way up' the ladder, here, you know...

worst-job-in-world-07.jpg

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I respect that, Ron. Of course, gun owners are not monolithic any more than any other group of individuals united by their interests. It was brave of you to state your positions, knowing the preponderance of conservative folks here. I doubt you are the only one who could subscribe to your list. It will be interesting to see if you are joined by others.

I am one who is often in a minority position, not on INGO, but in other communities. I know how it feels to be derided and called a heretic. I hope INGO will not do that to you.

Thanks for sharing.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Ok, now for my serious reply:

I respect your opinion, it is certainly your right to be wrong about so many things.
    God Bless America!

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I really like the comment that the media is unbiased.

While it is true that the NY Times has received three Nobel Prizes for articles that were complety false, there's no reason to believe they have an agenda. It was just a whole bunch of writers, editors, and publishers that made an honest mistake.... THREE times (that we are aware of)

I would love to be on the Love/Peace/Happiness drugs that liberals take. Reality is such a downer.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I did not vote for obama!

Hey guys, I've been on this forum for a while. Mostly I just give people a hard time but I occasionally give good advice. Lately, I've been reading the politics threads a lot. I like reading view points that conflict with mine, it gives me some sort of perspective and I like seeing what's happening with the opposite end of the political spectrum. I feel like sometimes the discussions on this section of the forums are sort of one sided and I like it that way, its a lot of preaching to the choir, so I would like to express my more "right" opinions and shock you guys.

1. I tend to think all Muslims are terrorists, with a few exceptions. I think extremists on either side are likely to be nice people.
    2. I'm pro-life.
    3. I think the sky is falling and believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.
    4. I think climate change is ******** and that humans share none of the responsibility for that.
    5. I think evolution is as good of a theory as the easter bunny and storks.
    6. Let gays marry, why?
    7. I think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas.
    8. I think there is a TREMENDOUS liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant anyhow.
    9. I think taxation is that horrible.
    10. I like the idea of leaving healthcare alone.

And just so the moderators don't think I'm some sort of right wing troll from outer-space, yes I'm from Indiana. Yes I'm a gun-owner and I love guns of all kinds. I love to go the range when I can. I too am having a hard time finding ammunition. But anyways, here I am.

:laugh:

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hey guys, I've been on this forum for a while. Mostly I just give people a hard time but I occasionally give good advice. Lately, I've been reading the politics threads a lot. I like reading view points that conflict with mine, it gives me some sort of perspective and I like seeing what's happening with the opposite end of the political spectrum. I feel like sometimes the discussions on this section of the forums are sort of one sided and I like it that way, its a lot of preaching to the choir, so I would like to express my more "right" opinions and shock you guys.

1. I tend to think all Muslims are terrorists, with a few exceptions. I think extremists on either side are likely to be nice people.
    2. I'm pro-life.
    3. I think the sky is falling and believe that hyperinflation will occur in the near future.
    4. I think climate change is ******** and that humans share none of the responsibility for that.
    5. I think evolution is as good of a theory as the easter bunny and storks.
    6. Let gays marry, why?
    7. I think Ron Paul is that awesome, yes he has some good ideas.
    8. I think there is a TREMENDOUS liberal bias in the media as much the media is just stupid and irrelevant anyhow.
    9. I think taxation is that horrible.
    10. I like the idea of leaving healthcare alone.

And just so the moderators don't think I'm some sort of right wing troll from outer-space, yes I'm from Indiana. Yes I'm a gun-owner and I love guns of all kinds. I love to go the range when I can. I too am having a hard time finding ammunition. But anyways, here I am.

:laugh:
    :woot:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    2. I'm pro-choice.
    4. I think climate change is happening and that humans share some of the responsibility for that.

In fact, in the hopes of keeping this substantive rather than emotional, I'll tackle your list.

1. I pretty much agree with this, except for "likely". Probably almost all terrorists are extremists, but probably very few extremists are terrorists.
    2. I'm pro-life.
    3. I hope you are right. You might not be. I'm trying to prepare for what may happen if you are wrong.
    4. Total hogwash.
    5. Sure, I'm with you there.
    6. I almost agree. I would rather see the state just get out of the marriage business altogether. This isn't a biggie for me, though it certainly is for many conservative Christians like me.
    7. Yup.
    8. Stop, you're both right.
    9. Taxation within reason isn't horrible. Once they start taking more than I get to keep, I won't like that. And I'm more concerned about where the money is spent than how much they take.
    10. I would like it if I couldn't get good health care now or if I needed someone else to pay for mine. As it is, I have great health care benefits and I can afford to pay for it, so I have a hard time supporting any change.
    What does INGO think? Let's get away from the flames and into the meat.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Hey guys, I'm sort of a lurker on this forum. Mostly I just read the handguns and ammo section for tips and stuff.
    Welcome to INGO:welcome:
    Lately, I've been reading the politics threads a lot.
    Never a good idea...

I like reading view points that conflict with mine, it gives me some sort of perspective and I like seeing what's happening with the opposite end of the political spectrum. I feel like sometimes the discussions on this section of the forums are sort of one sided, its a lot of preaching to the choir, so I would like to express my more "liberal" opinions and shock you guys.

Ok I agree good point.
    2. I'm pro-choice.
    I am neither I do not believe the guberment should control personal life or choices, yet I believe 2nd and 3rd term to be a sin but the guberment should not judge you, you will be judged in the end.(note by you I do not mean the OP I mean the people getting and giving the abortions.)
    I think you should still be prepared for the worst.
    Some yes,,,, Al Gore amounts NO!!!
    Yep I believe in evolution also but somebody got the ball rolling. (Thanks God we owe you one.)
    Not Gay and don't care marry away Adam and Steve.
    He does have some out there views but couldn't screw crap up worst then Obama and he believes in the 2nd.
    I'll let that slide you understand they are full of **** so that is good.
    WTF??? You either have way more money then me or way less and are getting a good chunk of MY tax dollars.
    Ask a Vet how well guberment run healthcare works.
    I don't wanna pay for you, your SO or your kids healthcare I have a job with a very good benifits package including healthcare. If you don't sorry not my fault or problem.

And just so the moderators don't think I'm some sort of liberal troll from outer-space, yes I'm from Indiana. Yes I'm a gun-owner and I love guns of all kinds. I love to go the range when I can. I too am having a hard time finding ammunition. But anyways, here I am.

When the messiah takes away our guns will you stand with us?

That is the most important question..

Look at what him being elected has done to the gun and ammo world already not even a year in.

Top Bottom