I Used to Think Pit Bulls Were Monsters....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    Ban assault dogs... :laugh:

ROFLMA

But seriously I have a pitt mix that is the best dog that I have ever had. Shes very loyal and loving but all business when you mess with the family. Never had a problem out of her or the last one that i had. Its always been irresponsible owners who dont act like they should that give certain dog breeds a bad name.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a pit person simply because I prefer other breeds. I'm a firm believer that one breed is just as apt to bite as another. It all depends on each dog, environment, upbringing, etc. There are many other breeds that I would worry about long before a pit. I know several people who have them and they are great dogs. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to having one, but I already have a monster dog in the house. I don't really want another one at the moment.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Have a black lab/gsd mix that's got her big girl bark. She can be quite intimidating, but mostly she's just a whiny little baby, literally. It's her predominant form of communication, like Lassie trying to tell the family Timmy fell down the well or something. She's never bitten anyone.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Pits are great dogs, they're just a bit too big for my liking. I'm more of a beagle/hound person. And, to Williamnewman, you better back off on the small dogs or I'm sending my attack dachshund out to get you. He may be little, but he's definitely not in the same category as a Pomeranian or a chihuahua. He THINKS he's a pit bull.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    labradoodles will never be reported because they fall under the mutt category. When ever I see someone with a "labradoodle, cockadoodle, thingamanoodle, I purposefully ask them what breed their dog is. When they tell me I always answer. " Oh yeah, mutts are the best pets anyway"

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Only judging by every personal pit experience I've had ever, I would own one in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a dog.

I don't really need another dog right now (just found out my 3 year old GSD has hip dysplasia about 20 minutes ago.:(), but I just about adopted a pit about 8 months ago. Luckily for me, he found a good home before I spoke up.

Love my girl to death. She came from Hamilton County HS. We were skeptical about bringing one home, but she's been fabulous. Even my parents, who were terrified of her, love her now. She gets packages from my Mom in the mail all the time addressed to her.

Best friend is a groomer, and the worst bite she's ever had was from a "Little" dog. She still has nerve damage in her arm because of it. Little dogs can do just as much damage if they really mean it.

IMG_6782-M.jpg

IMG_8728-M.jpg

Beautiful dog! Love the ears. Good on you for not doing the "cool" thing to do and hacking them off.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Only judging by every personal pit experience I've had ever, I would own one in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a dog.

I don't really need another dog right now (just found out my 3 year old GSD has hip dysplasia about 20 minutes ago.:(), but I just about adopted a pit about 8 months ago. Luckily for me, he found a good home before I spoke up.

Beautiful dog! Love the ears. Good on you for not doing the "cool" thing to do and hacking them off.

Sorry your GSD has hip dysplasia :( Hopefully you can still get a number of comfortable years out of him.

And thanks on my pup! She came to me with those ears, and was too old to crop, but I wouldn't have anyways. Her ears are one of the reasons why I noticed her in the first place! We always joke that it's how she got her home.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    It's cyclical...

German Shepherds had a bad rap...

Dobermans had a bad rap...

Rottweilers had a bad rap...

(Notice a theme there?)

"Pit bulls" now have a bad rap...

Wonder what breed will be next? I hope it's Labradoodles...

I've had all these types of dogs......I must be a bad...bad person

....except the labradoodle...dont see me having one of those. Its the owner, not the breed of a dog. Those people that shun dog breeds are the same type of people that shun the "evil black gun"

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    Pits are great dogs, they're just a bit too big for my liking. I'm more of a beagle/hound person. And, to Williamnewman, you better back off on the small dogs or I'm sending my attack dachshund out to get you. He may be little, but he's definitely not in the same category as a Pomeranian or a chihuahua. He THINKS he's a pit bull.

just my :twocents: haha, but i am actually work at a Veterinary Hospital and use to average a bite (though not always alot of "damage") about every 2 weeks ..... 2 of my fingers are a little short and have scars that looks like i bar-fight for a living

have been here 5yrs and have gotten better about reading animals and just not trusting some to start out with as in instantly put a muzzle on some breeds (chihuahua/dachshund/Pomeranians etc) :D ...
    but honestly any dog can be mean , ive seen everything from "doodles" and labs/goldens to teacup breeds be aggressive .... its always how they are raised and treated ..... now once and a while a dog comes along that just a a loose-wire, those are the ones i cannot make excuses for

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have owned a pit from 2weeks old until it died of cancer..... Maybe 10 years. My son still has his. I want to say that everything people say about them is true, from both points of view. My pit was a loyal heroic noble intelligent character. She was also a little bit crazy and needed stern discipline to keep her out of trouble. My pit was rescued from someone who had bred them specifically for fighting, so she was created to have the worst traits. Still, being raised with love and discipline molded her into a great dog. I miss her and life is more than a bit less because she is gone.

Top Bottom