• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    My girlfriends mom keeps posting anti gun pictures and comments on Facebook, she's a school teacher who is completely against guns in schools, shes the original poster and I'm the jerk with the long paragraph.
    Untitled_zps06360fd5.png

Untitled2_zps2a62085f.png

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Well said... I admit to having "Like"d and "Share"d several things that are data driven & factual bits of information. One of the better discussions actually took place on a (currently active & deployed USMC) friend's status. It was an open forum that talked about how things function, correcting incorrect information / perceptions, and allowing several different opinions to be discussed.

FB can be a muddy mess at times, but it can also be a healthy place to open up about & discuss how you feel with the people whom you value. I hope this interaction with your MIL helps to foster some healthy conversations around options she didn't know were around us.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't comment/repost or even post political posts on FB whether I agree with them or not. Life is better that way. I could care less what political leaning my FB friends are, I'm not on there for that.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't comment/repost or even post political posts on FB whether I agree with them or not. Life is better that way. I could care less what political leaning my FB friends are, I'm not on there for that.
    I usually don't either, more than likely wouldn't have noticed her post if the gf didn't tell me about em every single day. On a side note we're having lunch with her mom today, so things could get awkward. She has also on multiple occasions seen me grab my AK and several other firearms while stuffing extra mags in my cargo pockets for range day

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Brother in law posted the same thing, could you please copy and paste it here so I can read it, its blurry on my smartphone

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Brother in law posted the same thing, could you please copy and paste it here so I can read it, its blurry on my smartphone
    sure can

"Short answer is yes. When it has reached the point that an unarmed man in the wake of one of the largest school shootings in North America can/has walked into the school, claim to have a gun, and name his target without anyone having the ability to stop him as he makes his way all the way to the office, something a little more drastic needs to be done. Legislation banning weapons is not a magic wand and waving it around isn't going to make 600+ million guns vanish over night. Gun free zones such as schools only protect these sick individuals who at some point realize that the place that they can achieve maximum carnage is an institution where people aren't allowed to defend themselves. It is not my belief that all school personnel be required to carry guns, but that the select few who choose to should be allowed to, and receive proper firearms training which several companies are now offering for free to teachers and school staff. I understand why most people feel that school is no place for guns, but it also isn't the place where the safety of children should rely on the beliefs of what another individual won't do, instead it should focus on what could be done to prevent it. New town isn't the first of these horrific events, neither was V tech, or even Columbine. These events are also not US specific, and there is no visible end in sight. As long as these sick individuals exist, they will find a way to harm others which was proven by the recent mass school stabbing in China where a man stabbed 22 children and an Elderly woman. Just think if the lives that could have been saved if that brave teacher who was killed in New town while shielding her students could have opened her desk drawer, pulled a gun and put 3 in the shooters chest instead...As for Mr. Reagan, he survived due to the quick reaction of his security detail, who were able to get him into the car as well as apprehend the shooter in mere seconds. The shooter had a single target and was not out for mass casualties so I fail to see the relevance, but lessons have been learned from each presidential assassination/attempt in modern history, and presidential security has evolved. On the other hand teachers all across the country are sitting around waiting for new legislation to protect them and their students from criminals. Sad truth is that laws do not prevent criminal action, and when you need em a police response is only minutes away where as the average response time of a 9mm round is around 1200 feet per second. I know that this won't change you're mind in the least bit, but hopefully it will help you see it from another prospective."

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    OP, good job to you for the posting, especially since it was to someone whom you know.

I don't FB, but any time someone can use intelligence to confront an anti-gunner I say kudos!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I don't avoid FB because of the anti-firearms crowd. I avoid it because I don't want the world to know who I am or what I have done.

This might all change when the oldest heads off to college... gggrrr

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I commented on that photo right after One Million Moms posted it. I'm not sure how long my comment lasted but it did get deleted.

I liked your response except the comment about the teacher pulling a gun out of their desk drawer. Not a good place to keep it in my opinion. Did she respond to your post?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Yes, there were a bunch of people there who had guns.

No, you can't always stop someone who has the element of surprise.

But because there were guys with guns there, he was stopped before he could reload and shoot people for 20 minutes until the cops got there.

Two people got shot. NOBODY DIED instead of 26 people. BIG difference.

Last edited:

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    My post on the subject in response to a gay friend's massive "anti-gun" facebook dump:

"Not sure if I've come across as clear as I could have in my recent posts, so I'll just say that my AK 47s, 74s, and Krinkovs were purchased, trained with, and modified to ensure that all of my heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, metro/ omni/ whateversexual friends of any skintone/ ethnicity/ superability/ disability/ can live a long and happy life and that you don't have to take up arms because I've (and quite a few others) have already done it for you."

I followed up by messaging him and saying that if any group should be arming themselves against a possible fight against oppression, gays are right up there.

Top Bottom