• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I just returned from the Logansport Wal-Mart and I thought I was seeing things. In the ammo case they had many boxes of CCI 22LR shotshells. Now I know for many of you this is no big deal because it was just 22LR shot-shells and not actual 22LR bullets(which I am still convinced are a myth), but for me personally I have had better luck spotting Bigfoot at the Logansport Wal-Mart. Than finding anything with 22LR on it.:wow:

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    I just returned from the Logansport Wal-Mart and I thought I was seeing things. In the ammo case they had many boxes of CCI 22LR shotshells. Now I know for many of you this is no big deal because it was just 22LR shot-shells and not actual 22LR bullets(which I am still convinced are a myth), but for me personally I have had better luck spotting Bigfoot at the Logansport Wal-Mart. Than finding anything with 22LR on it.:wow:

You found .22LR poop , .22LR was there before you walked in and a flipper bought it all :dunno:

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I was out scouting for ammo yesterday and all the Louisville and Clarksville area WalMarts had the rat shot in stock for $20/box. Saw one poor youth buy two boxes of it so he and his lady friend could shoot SOMETHING. I watched with my mouth hanging open as he also purchased a 12ga flare pistol after asking if they had "rounds in stock for it" and got a yes.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    You can get .22 short at Rural King pretty easily now. At least I've been able to consistently find it at 5pm or later. Can't use it in most semi-autos so that keeps the majority away from it. Good time to have a .22 bolt action.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Someday, 22 ammo will be sitting on the shelves, and no one will care.

No way. This ammo crisis has been so bad that current shooters will end up like people that lived through the Great Depression. We'll all be hoarding ratty old boxes of .22LR and get used to taking fewer range trips, where we spend most of the time rooting through the trash bins and grass/floor, looking for reloadable cases.....

Ah who I am kidding, you are probably right.

Actually, though, I think this has probably changed my habits a bit. Granted, I always bought ammo in bulk anyway, just because I shoot that much, trying to keep a good amount on hand. The only one I didn't bother with was .22, since I always could run out to Walmart and grab a brick or two. So, now I'll be stocking up on .22 also (luckily I had done that anyway before everything went to :poop:, since I had switched to only shooting CCI minimags and buying them in bulk was cheaper). I've also consolidated the calibers I want to maintain (dumping .40 S&W, for example), which ends up being eaiser to deal with, so I don't think I'll branch too far out again... except for some oddball military antiques, but I only keep a few boxes for those guns anyway as I don't really shoot them much.

bobby knight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Monticello
    I was at GM this morning picking up a pocket holster around 11 and was the only one in the firearms area. I commented to one of the employees how dead it was. I said I bet it's not like this on Fridays when the 22 ammo comes in and he just laughed. I asked him if it was the same people all the time and he just nodded.

Top Bottom