I thought I was helping... hasn't worked out yet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Thanksgiving Day, I helped a family member fill out the online forms to apply for his LTCH. He was having problems with the online process, as would most non-computer type folks. We complete the application process and schedule the appointment for finger printing. All is good and the site says the process should take 3 days, since we chose the fast option. He goes in for the appointment and gets fingerprinted. The officer tells him he should see his LTCH in about a week.

As of right now, he hasn't received his LTCH and it's been over a month (11/27/14-12/30/14). Checking online revels "Pending ISP Approval". So, I give him the numbers to call to find out if it was stuck in the system somewhere or what was up.

He calls and gets cut-off by the person on the other end of the line. They stated that "It's against the law for them to tell him anything" and to contact his local police department to check the status? The local station isn't the ISP, so how exactly are they going to be of any help?

I just checked and it still says "Pending ISP Approval". What would you do?

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    just wait. I waited over 6 months for mine. be patient, because if I remember correctly, it says online that they cannot tell you the status if you call

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    just wait. I waited over 6 months for mine. be patient, because if I remember correctly, it says online that they cannot tell you the status if you call

That's what it says, but the reality is it depends on who answers your phone call. I called after 4 or 5 weeks and was told I could expect it any day. It arrived in under a week from that conversation.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Right now they are processing applications in just about a week. If it takes longer than that then most likely one of the following happened:

1. There was an error on the application.
    2. You have a criminal record or have been arrested for something serious in the past. This will put it in automatic review and can take a while.
    3. They misplaced your application (probably not likely now that they are electronic but it was known to happen in the past.)

Either way, something is up. Yes people have waited much longer in the past but that was due to huge backlogs which they no longer have.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

I chose the "quick" process as well and it took about 6 months to get mine. This was back when the s*** was first starting to hit the fan though.

My LTCH process also took 6 months once I was given the "ok." However, that was November 2010 when I was told that I'd be getting it in the mail and that was before the online process.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Mine took a goodly while recently, my guess is they are slammed with new applications and reorders for the plastic card. Then you have the holiday vacations reducing the labor pool...

It'll come, I had a daily "Larry watch" routine that about drove me mad waiting on it. :)

Mikeysdad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2014
    Richmond
    I had a LTCH and moved to OH after a divorce. Got remarried(???), moved back to In and reapplied On Nov.8 Got mine on Dec. 12. My wife on the other hand applied on the same day, has a DUI from 20 yrs ago and hasn't heard anything.

Chuck

glank09

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Did he complete the local portion or the application at the same time he was fingerprinted? I received mine in the mail exactly a week after I completed the local portion and fee.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Right now they are processing applications in just about a week. If it takes longer than that then most likely one of the following happened:

2. You have a criminal record or have been arrested for [STRIKE]something serious[/STRIKE] anything in the past. This will put it in automatic review and can take a while.
    3. They misplaced your application (probably not likely now that they are electronic but it was known to happen in the past.)

Either way, something is up. Yes people have waited much longer in the past but that was due to huge backlogs which they no longer have.

FIFY

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    do these wait times include requests for a replacement (new plastic card) LTCH? I applied for my replacement back in November, and the ISP gladly took my $$, but I havent seen my new plastic LTCH.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I renewed mine a few months ago (4 years to a Lifetime). I went in on a Thursday (Prints at L1 then paper at the PD) and it was sitting in my mailbox the following Monday. My wife had to totally reapply for her's because she let it expire about a year ago. Hers took a total of 7 days. Kinda funny how it's taking so long again.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013

2. You have a criminal record or have been arrested for something serious in the past. This will put it in automatic review and can take a while.

I figure there's an error somewhere. I've read a couple threads here, where people have called in to find out their application was stuck somewhere in the system and by calling, they had it in a few days.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Did he complete the local portion or the application at the same time he was fingerprinted? I received mine in the mail exactly a week after I completed the local portion and fee.

Did everything online which was possible. As far as I know, he had to go in and get fingerprinted and that was it.

After completing the application the status was "Pending Local Approval" and since his appointment, it states "Pending ISP Approval".

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    do these wait times include requests for a replacement (new plastic card) LTCH? I applied for my replacement back in November, and the ISP gladly took my $$, but I havent seen my new plastic LTCH.

Ditto on this matter......and when did they do away with the Lifetime license?

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana

I sent a change of address and for a replacement card on October 31st. Got it sent back a couple weeks later. They don't take checks. Got a MO and resent. Got it back a couple weeks ago. Pretty pick card. Sure beats the tissue paper ones they used to have. When I sent it back I think it went to the top of the line. They gave me a completely different address to send it to.

Top Bottom