• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    You only have to drive a short distance in Bloomington to realize that education and intelligence are NOT RELATED.

I swear its like taking your life into your hands every time you get in a car. I honestly think Chicago driving may be safer. These idiots come to a dead stop in the middle of the road for no reason. I bet I witness it at least 5 times a week.

I love driving on the bypass just uhh NW of 10th St...where the straight lane looks like the right turn lane, and if you keep going straight...you're in the left turn lane...every single time i go that way (towards the mall) someone ends up in the left hand turn lane and then darts over to the straight lane at the last second!

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I love driving on the bypass just uhh NW of 10th St...where the straight lane looks like the right turn lane, and if you keep going straight...you're in the left turn lane...every single time i go that way (towards the mall) someone ends up in the left hand turn lane and then darts over to the straight lane at the last second!

I hate that spot. There is another choke point when you first enter the bypass where folks try to "cut in line". I NEVER let anyone in.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah, that's right. College students are just chock FULL of smarts AND common sense!

have some good stories due to my being an RA in a State school for 3 years... heh.

And I was already leaning towards being a cynic BEFORE I took the job.

-J-

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just curious... how many years was it before you were able to sit down again comfortably? :lmfao:

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill,

Surprisingly not much happened. As I recall my grandfather was happy that I didn't hurt any of his stuff and my grandmother was happy I didn't hurt myself.

Now that you ask about it I think it is kindof strange that I didn't get into trouble, but I guess I just got lucky twice in a row.

The irony is that my grandfather always looked down on me as "the city kid". My mother married and moved into Fort Wayne while the rest of their children stayed "in the country". Now, my mother is the only one who bought several acres of their land and I will be the only one to inherit it. So the city kid will wind up being the only one in the family to own what is left of the family farmstead.

Doug

PS - I am currently a college student and while I don't do some of the stupid stuff of younger years I am CERTAIN that I will continue to entertain the Creator with new flavors of dumbness as time passes...

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Bullets in the Fire

If you throw bullets in a fire, it would seem like they will just more or less explode and not come out of the fire like they would had they been fired out of a gun barrel. I would expect that they would be very dangerous to anyone nearby or within a short range, but no more so than throwing a glass jar with a lit M80 in it. I have never done anything like that, so I would be interested in hearing some "real life" experiences from anyone who will admit to doing such a thing.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Well, drunk people to stupid stuff sometimes, especially when you are young and in college, so I understand the professor's youthful stupidity. But, him and his buddies should have known better, that's just plain moronic.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    When I was a youngin a buddy threw a .22 into a campfire. Nothing happened for a few minutes then the round went off and he got hit in the leg with the casing, he learned his lesson...

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Today in my psychology class, my professor decided to tell a story from his younger years. He said "Me and some buddies in grad school got drunk at a bon fire. We had a box of .22 LR bullets and thought it would be funny to throw it in the fire. Next thing you know, everybody is running and screaming and you could hear the bullets zipping past us." That is not the worst part... my entire class thought it was the funniest thing. Then someone made a comment about that's why students shouldn't carry weapons. This made me sick! I'm just wondering if any of you have ever heard of someone throwing a box of ammo into a fire before? Should I have spoken up or just kept my opinions to my self?

P.S. This guy now has a PhD in Psychology and is teaching several classes. I'm afraid somebody will be stupid enough to repeat this idiotic stunt.

P.S.S. I hope I didn't post this in the wrong forum. It was about ammo in a way :dunno:

"Some" of the younger students are not too bright. Older university students and veterans are more evolved :D As for the professor... wow... and he's teaching psychology???

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    Education does not make you smart. Education and critical thinking combined with common-sense will head in a proper direction.

I believe this, not because I am going to spout my credentials, but because I have the experience portion and have learned from all of mymistakes.

Finally, not to start an argument, I believe that a high school education from the 60s and before is superior to the general education of a college education of today. I say this based on my college degrees were earned as an adult and this is my observation.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i had a whole bunch of empty boxes of the bulk .22 ammo lying around the other day.threw all the boxes in the burn pile.lit em on fire.started walking away BOOM! i take it i must have missed a live round underneath one of the cardboard tabs inside a box.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    My best friend, growing up, dad threw .22's into a fire as a kid. The sight of his fake eye looking at you from a table taught us a valuable lesson. I never even thought of doing it
    Bob

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Darwin Awards. Maybe throwing live rounds into a fire is just natures way of killing off the idiots and improving the gene pool, natural selection at its finest. :dunno:

Top Bottom