• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I haven't drank much beer in the last year or so, and when I did it was generally sun king, corona, or Miller Chill/Bud Light lime. I used to enjoy Coors light/miller light but now they just taste awful to me. I know... "That isn't beer!" And all that.

I am not a beer snob in any way, but now it looks like I may have to spend more on beer. Maybe my palate is just maturing.

As if to highlight the issue, my son just knocked over my Miller Light and spilled most of it while I was typing. Heh

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I know how you feel. Not really the same thing, but my stomach won't let me drink much anymore so what I do have needs to be the good stuff.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have the same problem. I cannot drink "light" beer. If it isn't at least as strong as Sam Adam's Boston Lager I usually can't even taste it. SunKing's Osiris is a damn tasty beer and one of my favorites along with Three Floyds Robert the Bruce.

But my wallet can't always handle the special craft beers my palate desires. So I stick with national brands for cheap utility beer. Right now I have a 30 case of Busch but I also drink Coors Banquet when it goes on sale. Hamm's if its been a really slow week.

But I also try to keep a 4 pack of SunKing's Osiris or something similar for the weekend.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven't drank much beer in the last year or so, and when I did it was generally sun king, corona, or Miller Chill/Bud Light lime. I used to enjoy Coors light/miller light but now they just taste awful to me. I know... "That isn't beer!" And all that.

I am not a beer snob in any way, but now it looks like I may have to spend more on beer. Maybe my palate is just maturing.

As if to highlight the issue, my son just knocked over my Miller Light and spilled most of it while I was typing. Heh

I guess I'm lucky...My palate is immature: The only beer I've had to suffer through is some variety of Sam Adams and some other high-brow crap my SIL had at a get together. And I thought I could enjoy almost any of it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I really like the Canadian beers, Molson, Labatts, Moosehead.....and they aren't very pricey. Hamms is darn good beer for the money. Lately, I've been drinking Sierra Nevada quite a bit. I've also liked most of the Goose Island offerings I've tried.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Sam Adams, Sun King, Leinie, Barley Island etc are my regulars. Summer time I get the 10/$10 20oz cheap beer at Kroger. PBR, Labatt or Coors Original.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The new/old Schlitz is suppose to be really good. PBR is a pretty decent brew but the hipsters tried to ruin it. Leinenkugel's has some good stuff. Too many of the fancy craft/micro brews I've tried haven't been all that good, at least not good enough to justify the price. You can make better brews at home for close to the price of a case of cheap stuff (of course there is an initial investment and that pesky waiting period before you can enjoy the brews).

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Geez, when I first started drinkin' ya could get a 24pk of Natty Ice for $6.99 at Marsh. S***, I thought, back then, ain't nothin' better. I'd die now lol

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

My favorites as of late, Moosehead, Stella, Warsteiner. I had to find something different when I quit buying Budweiser in protest. Budweiser (aka Buttwiper) is dead to me now. :noway:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Stella Artois is good. Another good Belguim is Hoegaarden.

nvmVbHZ.jpg

Top Bottom