I think I found my next vacation. Drive tanks and shoot artillery.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Very interesting. A surprising amount of spelling errors on the site though.

Looks like I still have to go to Cambodia to throw a hand grenade.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    They seem a bit stingy on the ammo for the small arms. $25 to shoot 5 rounds from an M1 Garand? The machine guns are limited to 20 rounds? Pffft. That's like less than a second of fun.

Now I might be tempted to pay to fire some of the artillery, but I think you can fire cannons (when they have them) at Knob Creek cheaper than that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They seem a bit stingy on the ammo for the small arms. $25 to shoot 5 rounds from an M1 Garand? The machine guns are limited to 20 rounds? Pffft. That's like less than a second of fun.

Now I might be tempted to pay to fire some of the artillery, but I think you can fire cannons (when they have them) at Knob Creek cheaper than that.

You're not just paying for the ammo.
    You're paying for the supervision, because they don't know about your firearms knowledge.
    Then there's cleaning and upkeep of the equipment.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Very interesting. A surprising amount of spelling errors on the site though.

Looks like I still have to go to Cambodia to throw a hand grenade.

Or join the military. They have a way of sucking the fun out of anything though. In basic you get to throw a few live grenades. I remember in advanced MOUT (urban warfare) school they had us cook them off for three seconds before rolling them into another (well built) room. They have 5 second fuses and the idea was taking three seconds off the fuse wouldn't give the opposing force time to throw or kick it back out at you. They advised us to throw them low and hard so they would roll around for the last two seconds. Not something Joe the cook will ever do but some combat arms jobs require that sort of thing. It is a real jolt to pull the pin and then release the spoon and have to count to three before getting rid of it. Talk about a hot potato. LOL

During most practice training grenades are used. They are an empty shell with just the fuse and blasting cap but no explosives.

This was all during the 80's and 90's. Things may have changed. YMMV

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    As a medic in the military, they needed medical support any time they were live firing. So I got to fire M-2- mounted and unmounted, 105 howie, 60 mm ground, 80 mm mounted on a 113, M2 ground, and mounted. M60A2, and M1A. I was in the National Guard and we still had 1/4T Trucks, and M-60- before we got the Hummers and M1A. Weapon was the A-2, and .45. Then we got the M-9. I was out before we got M-4s.
    Now the flame thrower I may go do
    Did you know? FLAMETHROWERS ARE LEGAL IN INDIANA

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Crushing things and blowing stuff up is a hoot...I mean professionally gratifying...but you may be right on paying to play giving you enough flavor instead of being paid to play for the next few years.

Though with Russia getting all snooty again there could be some really impressive tank battles in our future.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Not the exact same, but I let people take the Hmmwv for a spin whenever I have time. Id say most miles I have on it are from someone else.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Once I get my go fund me page up and running, I will post a link...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not the exact same, but I let people take the Hmmwv for a spin whenever I have time. Id say most miles I have on it are from someone else.

Do you have a .50 cal mounted on top???

I know someone in my area has one, it's the pick-up version with soft doors I think.
    And woodland camo.

Humvee-4x4.jpg

Something close to that ...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom