• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Cleaning out my late mother-in-law's house today and found this tucked away in a forgotten corner. It's a little rusty and a little dusty, but I'll take it! :rockwoot:
    As far as I can tell, they're late 1960's vintage. Remember when toys were potentially deadly? Good times. I vaguely recall, as a kid, that the way we played Jarts was to throw them as high as we could, straight up, and then try not to get hit when they came back down.

I also found a shoebox full of 70s and 80s baseball cards. Fingers crossed... :D

zJClC6u.jpg

pApBECJ.jpg

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    lol...I got hit in the head by a Jart when I was a kid. My parents had a set of them. I don't believe we ever were allowed to play them again.

<no comments in the future about me getting hit in the head affecting the intelligence of my posts please>

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We had a lot of fun with them. Back then people just figured that you should be able to think ahead and use them safely. You know, exercise judgment and personal responsiblity.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I don't think I would be advertising that I had those on a public forum. They were outlawed years ago. What if someone got ahold of those and walked onto a school playground?

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    We had a lot of fun with them. Back then people just figured that you should be able to think ahead and use them safely. You know, exercise judgment and personal responsibility.
    What? This is America. You cant expect personal responsibility. Thats what lawyers are for.:dunno:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    My parents also had a set of them that we played with growing up. I bet mom still has them stuffed in the attic or something.....

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Jarts - a weighted, balanced and aerodynamic 16 penny nail to throw at your friends.

A test of nature's ability to select!

We keep messing with nature... :):

If I found a set I would so buy it.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I turned down buying a set at a garage sale last summer for $50. Then saw a set at the fairgrounds garage sale for $100. Still Jartless.

Hey Scutter, I'll give you a pmag for them!:D

Top Bottom