• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Since the range no longer has a plate rack (sniff, whine, sniff)... I ordered one of these to practice on. Always thought they looked like fun.

Metal Spinning Targets - Dueling Trees

It should be here next week. I will give a full report. (unless the wife beats me on it, then you may see it in the WTS section)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's no singing bush.

singingbush.gif

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    It's no singing bush.

LOL I didnt see one of those listed! Where do I get one?

Only thing I am second guessing now is should I have ordered the rimfire plates too? Oh well I can order those later.

Cant wait for UPS to drop this on my porch!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Please check out my sub forum for what I stock. I can also work with you to come up with a design that you want. Feel free to send me a pm or start a post in the sub forum if you have any questions.

I have also announce a few demo events in the event section of the website. Please feel free to join in on any of the festivities!!!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    DO'ogh! That isn't at all what I thought it was going to be. I have a co-worker I was going to challenge to a duel but i guess it will have to wait until I get a proper tree to do it under.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I am in the middle of coming up with some modular stand designs that should accommodate anything you guys will need.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I am in the middle of coming up with some modular stand designs that should accommodate anything you guys will need.

I look forward to seeing those! I enjoy practice much more when i dont have to paste targets.

I did receive the tree yesterday. Unfortunately we are on our way to SC and wont be able to try it out til next week. It appears to be very well made. The main post is very thick and appears that stray hits will not be an issue. Paddles also appear to be well constructed.

I will give a full report next week after trying it out.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Range Report!

Range report!

Took the new tree and several hundres rounds of ammo to the range today. My wife and I shot it with 40 major and 40 minor loads from a G35, SA XD and SA XDm. The tree performed well with all loads. On a couple occasions, with the major loads on the top paddle, it swung hard enough to bounce the paddle beneath it over. This only happed a few times. I dont see it as a huge problem. Otherwise the paddles reacted well and move completely to the other side as expected. The vertical post did get one dead center hit. Other than a lead smudge, no damage at all.

Bottom line this thing is easy to assemeble, transport, and use. I highly recommend it.

I tried some 22LR on it. It does not move the paddles much at all. I will be ordering the rimfire plates soon. They should be a blast!

This will definitely be one of my favorite practice / plinking targets.

Top Bottom