• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Hello, I need some help here in Fort Wayne, Im trying to ship a gun to a FFL in Washington. I would like to find a private FFL dealer and pay his fees. Any help/direction would be helpfull, thankyou:ingo:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Can't you ship directly to an FFL using a common carrier? I've done it for Kel-Tec & Ruger warranty work.

Yes, you certainly CAN.

The receiving FFL must receive shipments from individuals. And the Individual must pay outrageous overnight shipping costs as required by the common carrier.

OP, call 21st Century down in Bluffton and ask them how much they'd charge. An FFL can utilize the USPS to ship, 2-3-4 days, and it's only a fraction of the cost. That should mean, in turn, a much lower cost to you the customer.

Also note OP: The FFL you're sending the firearm to can send it back to your door directly since you're the current owner of said firearm. No need to have it shipped to an FFL + transfer fee for you to get your own stuff back.

-J-

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    As many have said ...

you can ship it yourself. If you really want to pay someone additional fees the best price might be at Ranger Supply LLC. I always ship it myself via UPS.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I always ship it myself via UPS.

Do you declare it as a firearm? Because if you do that, UPS forces overnight shipping on you. That can be $50-80 depending on where in the country.

It costs roughly $20 for an FFL to ship priority mail via USPS. Perhaps a $10-upcharge by the FFL for materials, time, "convenience fee", etc.

It's generally much less expensive to ship through a FFL vs on your own.

-J-

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do you declare it as a firearm? Because if you do that, UPS forces overnight shipping on you. That can be $50-80 depending on where in the country.

It costs roughly $20 for an FFL to ship priority mail via USPS. Perhaps a $10-upcharge by the FFL for materials, time, "convenience fee", etc.

It's generally much less expensive to ship through a FFL vs on your own.

-J-

The OP hasn't said if this is a handgun, which must ship via air (by law), or a long gun.

USPS should handle it if it goes to a dealer (as is the case here).

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Lotsofglocks is THE guy in Fort Wayne. Highly recommend using him. His fees are outstanding. My last transfer through him was a whopping ......... $10. Ryan is all about the working guy / gal and his prices reflect that. He is a 45 minute drive for me but it is worth it to support him and what he does, at least to me it is.

Top Bottom