• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So the spousal unit and I were in the kitchen and without a word, he takes my hand and leads me into the bedroom and right over to the....

...gun cabinet.

I'm all "What the...?"

He said, "I've been thinking about selling my rifle and putting the money towards a handgun for myself."
    (You have no idea how I've...
    A) longed to get rid of that rifle and
    B) sooo wanted him to be interested in shooting more/carrying)

He said, "I'm not sure if I really want to yet...it was just an idea I was kicking around and you never shoot that rifle anyway because you've got your own...and honestly, I'm never gonna shoot it either. Probably."

So I really want to kind of "help" that idea along, but I don't want to be too pushy, or he'll just completely back off the whole thing...
    What to do? What to say? Help me, dangit!!

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I'm lost, what's the deal here. Is your husband not a carrier now? He want to sell the rifle so he can buy a pistol and start carrying? Sounds like a basic economics deal to me. If you guys talk about it agree on it and the money works out more power to you both. Hey, you could get a win out this to, Yah you can sell it honey, but I really want (fill in the blank) if you get what you want.
    Good luck to you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    So the spousal unit and I were in the kitchen and without a word, he takes my hand and leads me into the bedroom and right over to the....

...gun cabinet.

I'm all "What the...?"

He said, "I've been thinking about selling my rifle and putting the money towards a handgun for myself."

He said, "I'm not sure if I really want to yet...it was just an idea I was kicking around and you never shoot that rifle anyway because you've got your own...and honestly, I'm never gonna shoot it either. Probably."

So I really want to kind of "help" that idea along, but I don't want to be too pushy, or he'll just completely back off the whole thing...

Rifle wins.

He should be carrying in addition to having his battle-rifle, shotgun, revolver, and pistol in his pocket, Madame.

As well you know.

Why do you want the rifle gone?

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    YEA,,,,,patience does pay off. I would suggest that you let him proceed at his pace. Maybe go out for breakfast and then just happen to stop by the gun store, "CAUSE" you needed xyz. Let him look,fondle and drool over all the shiny new fireams. If he sees somthing that looks interesting to him, see if you can find a member with the same make/model/caliber so as he can try it before he buys it.

BTW.....it worked on my spousal unit.but keep that a secret...ok

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, you missed the golden moment by not acting incredibly aroused at the idea and ravishing him immediately (since you were already in the bedroom.) ;)

Wait. That would have sounded better coming from another woman wouldn't it?

Dang.:facepalm:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    YEA,,,,,patience does pay off. I would suggest that you let him proceed at his pace. Maybe go out for breakfast and then just happen to stop by the gun store, "CAUSE" you needed xyz. Let him look,fondle and drool over all the shiny new fireams. If he sees somthing that looks interesting to him, see if you can find a member with the same make/model/caliber so as he can try it before he buys it.

BTW.....it worked on my spousal unit.but keep that a secret...ok

I think this is the correct answer; time to go shopping.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Is your husband not a carrier now?
    No, he doesn't carry. He has his permit just in case *I* need him to transport something for me or if something happens to me, he can take control of my stuff.

He should be carrying in addition to having his battle-rifle, shotgun, revolver, and pistol in his pocket, Madame.
    Baby steps...baby steps. I'm the one that is the gun nut.
    I'm the one that takes security measures. I'm the one that owns all the guns except that one, and a .22A plinker that I bought him for his birthday...that he's probably shot less than a half dozen times.
    Why do you want the rifle gone?
    I call it "the Jam-o-matic". I've taken it to a smith a couple times, but I'm not willing to sink a bunch of money into something that frustrates me and I'll never shoot...because my rifle is much better. :)
    Maybe go out for breakfast and then just happen to stop by the gun store, "CAUSE" you needed xyz. Let him look,fondle and drool over all the shiny new fireams. If he sees somthing that looks interesting to him, see if you can find a member with the same make/model/caliber so as he can try it before he buys it.
    Yeah, I just figured out why he was all of the sudden very supportive of me wanting to go to the 1500...I think he wants me to start looking. Ish.

Wait. That would have sounded better coming from another woman wouldn't it?
    You mean it didn't??

Buh Dum DUM *tissshhh*

:p

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    No, he doesn't carry. He has his permit just in case *I* need him to transport something for me or if something happens to me, he can take control of my stuff.

Baby steps...baby steps. I'm the one that is the gun nut.
    I'm the one that takes security measures. I'm the one that owns all the guns except that one, and a .22A plinker that I bought him for his birthday...that he's probably shot less than a half dozen times.

I call it "the Jam-o-matic". I've taken it to a smith a couple times, but I'm not willing to sink a bunch of money into something that frustrates me and I'll never shoot...because my rifle is much better. :)
    :p

I didn't realize SKS made a model chambered in .22! :):

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    I agree with ATM on missed op. SO.. cruise gun shops,find group chatting up big bores, and do your "only banana in the room" flirting act. Maybe,this will make him feel inadequate,seeing how much pleasure you derive from holding a large pistol and discussing the in's and out's of handgun ownership.Go slow a first then build to the big finish.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog

...gun cabinet.

I'm all "What the...?"

Oh Lord, this sounds familiar! Annie, my spouse didn't really move on the whole gun thing until he found that a friend of ours is a gun nut, too. All the preaching, biotching, pleading that I did prior to his "come to Jesus" moment set the foundation, but it was the male bonding thing that finally bought him to his senses!!!
    Good luck. I know from experience that it takes time. Patience, my dear, and with a little open discussion, he will see the light. :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh Lord, this sounds familiar! Annie, my spouse didn't really move on the whole gun thing until he found that a friend of ours is a gun nut, too. All the preaching, biotching, pleading that I did prior to his "come to Jesus" moment set the foundation, but it was the male bonding thing that finally bought him to his senses!!!
    Good luck. I know from experience that it takes time. Patience, my dear, and with a little open discussion, he will see the light. :D
    Thank you for that ^.:yesway:

woodchuck4950

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Danville, IN

...gun cabinet.

I'm all "What the...?"

How about pushing him down on the bed and telling him that all this gun talk is getting you hot and bothered and nothing turns you on more than a man packing heat! That'll get him motivated! ;)

Top Bottom