• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    So, I'm turning 18 on Saturday and I'm wanting to buy my first firearm(s). (I already have a few .22s, 12ga, etc. I just want to buy my own and feel all grown up! :cool:)

My problem is that I don't know what to buy!

I have a few ideas:
    Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 (for turkey season, waterfowl, and trap)
    Ar15
    AK47
    Mosin Nagant
    Maybe a Remington 700 chambered in .308?

My budget isn't really the issue, I just don't know what I want! :n00b:
    I'm open to any suggestions and advice! :popcorn:

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    You're turning 18, so there are other things you can buy on your own now. Go buy them. Scratch the lottery ticket first, then you might be happy, or maybe not, but that knowledge will quell some of your anxiety.

The other thing, should help you relax, and probably take a nap. Then have a legal smoke, and realize that now you're legally an adult, and responsible for your decisions. Therefore, you should give your important and expensive decisions a good deal of contemplation, instead of doing what all your friends want you to do.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    You're turning 18, so there are other things you can buy on your own now. Go buy them. Scratch the lottery ticket first, then you might be happy, or maybe not, but that knowledge will quell some of your anxiety.

The other thing, should help you relax, and probably take a nap. Then have a legal smoke, and realize that now you're legally an adult, and responsible for your decisions. Therefore, you should give your important and expensive decisions a good deal of contemplation, instead of doing what all your friends want you to do.

Did you forget the purple text?:D

You know what needs to be done... this economy won't stimulate itself. Guns for everyone!:ar15::patriot:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't see any handguns on the list. That would be my first priority - getting something I could carry.

In case you didn't know, at 18 you can legally buy a handgun from another Indiana resident, just not from an FFL.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs

That's all part of the plan, but I'm still looking for some ideas. I'll most likely get what I "need" for hunting and such first (sbe2). Then I'll buy myself a toy or two.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I don't see any handguns on the list. That would be my first priority - getting something I could carry.

In case you didn't know, at 18 you can legally buy a handgun from another Indiana resident, just not from an FFL.

I am aware; I'll be signing up for my lisense asap. I've already decided that I'm going to go with a Glock 19, but that's a different story.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I ended up purchasing a Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 at Orion Arms Corps, the guy that rang me up gave me a $50 off birthday present! I went with the sbe2 since turkey season is right around the corner, and I believe it's going to be a heck of a turkey slayer.

I took it down to Indian Creek and ran about 50 shells through it, and it's the sweetest shotgun I've ever shot.

+1 to Orion and Benelli :yesway:

Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    I ended up purchasing a Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 at Orion Arms Corps, the guy that rang me up gave me a $50 off birthday present! I went with the sbe2 since turkey season is right around the corner, and I believe it's going to be a heck of a turkey slayer.

I took it down to Indian Creek and ran about 50 shells through it, and it's the sweetest shotgun I've ever shot.

+1 to Orion and Benelli :yesway:

Congrats on your new gun. Glad you are happy with your decision. Now...on to the next one...

levron41

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Buy a Super Black Eagle!! When the bug bites you will will never save enough money to buy the Eagle again. Atleast I cant! Everytime I try to save for one I end up getting something cheaper and telling myself next time.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    If you want to come up to Roush Lake today at 2PM. I'll be there with my Rem 700 in .308. You can put some rounds down range and see if it's for you.

* Just saw the last post, Congrats. Offer still stands though.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    If you want to come up to Roush Lake today at 2PM. I'll be there with my Rem 700 in .308. You can put some rounds down range and see if it's for you.

* Just saw the last post, Congrats. Offer still stands though.

Thanks. I appreciate the offer, but that's a pretty long haul from where I'm located.

Top Bottom