• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Any help you may have would be appreciated.

Two years ago I traded in the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 for a Yamaha FJR1300. The boots I have are big, clunking, steel toed cruiser style things that do not fit under the shift lever of the FJR. Even my regular work boots (two other lace up sets with steel toes) don't work well, and I have to move my foot quite a bit to get leverage to shift.

The biggest problem I have is that no motorcycle place I have been to carries boots my size - 13 wide. I have high arches that are just starting to flatten out, and I am fat (PC or not, that's the way it is). I do not wish to pay a $25 or so restocking fee for a special order pair of boots that don't fit when they come in and I can try them on. I have been to Thompson's in Terre Haute, the Harley dealer in Terre Haute and Plainfield, Dreyers in Indy and Cycle Outfitters.

Any suggestions for a big boot that will work with a sport touring bike, or a shop that might carry a large selection?

Thanks, y'all!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Alpinestar are good boots for sport biking. The best I ever tried were OXtar boots from Italy. They were almost 3 times the price but they were really good. I wear 12 Wide, they have a chart to convert USA size to european.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Have you tried to adjust your shift lever to work with the boots you own? rockymountainatv.com has a good return program on clothing if you cant find local.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Try motorcyclesuperstore.com

I have purchased items from there in the past. Couple helmets, and tires for sweetie's scooter. Since I have a melon head, and my current helmet is a 4XL, I have had to return the helmets. Don't really think paying for return shipping on an item is out of line, but it does chap my hide to have to pay to try something on. Any brick and mortar store that told me I had to fork over $10-$15 just to try on boots/jacket/helmet/jeans would get laughed at, as I was walking out.

Have you tried to adjust your shift lever to work with the boots you own? rockymountainatv.com has a good return program on clothing if you cant find local.

I have just looked at the shift lever, and it seems in the right position. Raising it up to fit my toe under it would then make it so I have to lift my foot to down shift.

Thanks for all the advice so far. Guess I will just keep searching. Cyclegear.com has a cheap boot that people say works. And I have visited the Gasolina boot site, and think that might work out too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom