I need help.. I keep buying Beretta pistols..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Help me! the original 92 is back in stock at AIM

This is a plain jane original 92. No F no S, no FS, just 92.

14606-63e3bd5399f98_1200.png

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

One of my grail guns is an M DAO as i've always like the Beretta DAO's. They also made later version called Custom Carry II's that were pretty neat, I missed out on a nice one at the 1500 a couple years back because they wouldn't deal and I walked away, should've just picked it up.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    One of my grail guns is an M DAO as i've always like the Beretta DAO's. They also made later version called Custom Carry II's that were pretty neat, I missed out on a nice one at the 1500 a couple years back because they wouldn't deal and I walked away, should've just picked it up.
    I think those have a D suffix, I see them once in a while. There is a 92D Centurion on GB now. There are so many 92 variants out there. Not even counting the 96 and 98 series.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes, DAO's are a D but there is a Type M 'D' (DAO).
    If I understand the Beretta model numbers. It would be called a 92D Compact Type M.

The Type -M- is a "Frame Designation"

So many permutations. Then add in each is likely available in 92, 96 and the 98 series.

The 98 series fascinate me. They seem to be Italy only guns, available only in 7.65 para, or later in 9 x 21

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I am also a big fan of Beretta. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a Cheetah 81 back about 10 years ago when they actually imported them and new ones were going for very cheap. Currently the options are "overpay a lot" or "get one in not great condition". :tantrum:

Maybe sometime in the next decade or two they will import them again.

The other thing I'd really like to find are 10rd magazines for my PX4 Storm Subcompact (for travel through commie states where normal magazines are banned.) But it appears they don't make subcompact 10rd magazines for 9mm.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am also a big fan of Beretta. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a Cheetah 81 back about 10 years ago when they actually imported them and new ones were going for very cheap. Currently the options are "overpay a lot" or "get one in not great condition". :tantrum:

Maybe sometime in the next decade or two they will import them again.

The other thing I'd really like to find are 10rd magazines for my PX4 Storm Subcompact (for travel through commie states where normal magazines are banned.) But it appears they don't make subcompact 10rd magazines for 9mm.
    There are 84 and 85 available on the usual sites. Now Rguns did bring in some Beretta 82s recently, but they put them all on Gunbroker

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Big fan of Beretta also...Been looking for a PICO for at least 6 months now...didn't think it would be hard to find but turns out no one has one....one shop I visited had no clue what I was even talking about...oh well, the search continues...

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    My buddy has a Cx4 storm and I am very jealous. Also I like the 92's but I don't like the price. Anyone ever picked up a Girsan clone?

Top Bottom