• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yes, and for each person that told him to delete it there was a person telling him it was a waste of time and too late.
    It's better to not make the error to begin with, than to try to correct it after-the-fact. That said, those who said it was too late were correct in the sense that the prosecution can and likely will find the data regardless.

It would have helped, however, on this forum if the post was removed as those responding likely wouldn't have continued on after he followed the advice.

"Too late" actually turned out to mean many people had already begun the data mining on him and the lamps had been hung in the window signaling the mob to light their torches and head this way we have a fly in the web (pretty much just like that pwn shop basement scene in Pulp Fiction).
    No, 'too late' meant that it was already cached in other locations not within the control of anybody here on the forums.

Somewhere around page 70 all the noise is going to stop and we are going to look around the room and say - "hey, where's the OP?" "I don't know, I haven't heard from him since page 30".
    Maybe.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    tumblr_mebmn2wvdi1rkt54ro1_500.gif

That's for those of you making excuses for not catching up :)

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    It's better to not make the error to begin with, than to try to correct it after-the-fact. That said, those who said it was too late were correct in the sense that the prosecution can and likely will find the data regardless.

It would have helped, however, on this forum if the post was removed as those responding likely wouldn't have continued on after he followed the advice.

No, 'too late' meant that it was already cached in other locations not within the control of anybody here on the forums.

Maybe.

Yes, Mike I know why they said it and what they really meant. I understand caching and how it works. I was saying it tongue-in-cheek. I have google also.:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yes, and for each person that told him to delete it there was a person telling him it was a waste of time and too late.

Maybe.

I am in no way attempting to justify the mob mentality. However, MikeDVB has it right. Additionally, he didn't just fail to delete his rant, but instead continued to add personally-identifiable information and details, at one point even posting his full name and then inexplicably blaming a moderator for his record being exposed. Had he followed the excellent advice in the first dozen or so posts, he would likely still have a Mis-A sentence in front of him, but he wouldn't also have pitchforks and torches behind him.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm thinking it's too late to delete the OP. :dunno: (Note to self: Need to remind the wife not to flick her hot butt out the window)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom