• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    1911 is one of, if not THE most customizeable pistol available. What CAN'T you do to them? On a 5" for example, starting at the muzzle end, you can customize, change or eliminate your bushing; you can go with GI, FL or 2 piece guide rod; any type of front sight you desire; front cocking serrations or no; French borders all around, lowered and/or flared ejection port; trigger guard checkering front strap checkering;

You know what, this would take all day to list. You can do anything you want to them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Like this.

Polished walnut grips with inlaid silver dollars. We the people engraved on the slide. The checkering on the slide done like the stars and stripes.
    Sorry, I get patriotism by proxy when it come to the 1911.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    You can shoot them.

+1 ! I may change a set of grips here or there but that's about all I do to a 1911. Hold a regular 1911 and an A1 model and see which MSH/trigger you like better. Once you decide on that it's easy! And those can be changed later if you change your mind. I have some of each, haven't figured out my fav yet but I'm liking the flat main spring housing and longer trigger of the original.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I had a Springfield 1911 Loaded completely stock. I put about $150-$300 in parts. I bought some Meprolight Night Sights, a Wilson Combat Full Length Guide Rod, a single sided safety, a Wilson Combat 8-round mag, and some VZ Grips. It is the best 1911 I have ever held. All in all I'm about $1000 into the gun.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    1911 is one of, if not THE most customizeable pistol available. What CAN'T you do to them? On a 5" for example, starting at the muzzle end, you can customize, change or eliminate your bushing; you can go with GI, FL or 2 piece guide rod; any type of front sight you desire; front cocking serrations or no; French borders all around, lowered and/or flared ejection port; trigger guard checkering front strap checkering;

You know what, this would take all day to list. You can do anything you want to them.

rockhopper, You forgot the Nitrous oxide:laugh:

Just buy ammo and polish the bore a little.. A Viper is no fun unless you drive it and the 1911 is no fun unless you shoot it. You will figure out soon enough if you want to change or add something.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What can you do with a 1911? Tough question. It's like asking what can you do with a super model. You can get lost in the possibilities. The most simple answer is to just dress it so you like what it looks like, then let it do what it does best as often as you can afford to let it do it. They are not the cheapest forms of entertainment, but are certainly one of the most satisfying. Talking 1911s of course...

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Ya know, this is a tough crowd! I kinda got the vibe he was curious about posible things you can do to it vs suggestions on what he should do with it.:D

LOL I try to compose a list in my head, and it's just too big! Be careful about going on a customizing rampage. Before you start getting all this work done, make sure you can competently take your 1911 completely apart. understand how exactly what does what, and start being real conscious about your shooting actions, and what does what when your shooting.

Once you can both completely understand your gun, and you shootin respectable groups on paper, ( aim for a thousand rounds this year), THEN start gettin serious about playin armorer on the 1911.

And why were all throwin a few cents in, I have always thought the longslide 1911's were really kool:D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    whats the different things you can do to them

• Use it as a vase. Fill the chamber with silicone, balance it with the end of the barrel up, fill it with water and insert a single rose.
    • Use it as a door stop. Given an all steel Government Model weighs roughly 3# it will hold the door open on all but the windiest days.
    • Paper weight. No explanation required.
    • OC it to scare the sheeple. With the hammer cocked & locked it will cause the libtards to wet their pants.
    • Mexican Carry it. Of course you can't run, and you may shoot your junk off, but nuttin says gangsta like unholstered carry!

Top Bottom