• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    If you don't watch it you may not get the nuances of the Denny Crane character that William Shatner plays on Boston Legal.

Even if you hate the show you have to watch the begining of the "Dances with Wolves" episode. This is hilarious.

I wasn't able to find it on YouTube but I did watch it on abc.com .

Right knee, Left foot Right foot. Is that the right order for a right hand draw.

BTW this does belong in the Firearms category and not the Break Room.:draw:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I've never watched the show. Know nothing about it. Is Shatner's character a regular or was that a guest spot?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Denny Crane is a regular. The writers try to portray him as a right wing gun toting nut job. The show is very left wing, anti gun. Shatner's "Denny Crane" is often shown as unstable. He has shot several people in many episodes, often for little or no reason. Actually, this is the first script where he seemed to have a clean shoot. In one episode, he was assigned, by the court, to represent a accused child molester. The accused confesesd to Denny under lawyer-client protection. Denney Crane pulls out a gun and shots him in both knee caps. Another time he shot a pan-handler in a crowed subway station because the begger wouldn't leave him alone. See the theme?
    I quit watching because of the blatent left wing preaching.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Obviously it's all Hollywood. He always gets off by some legal loophole or underhanded trick. Again, the writers also like to portray the rich and powerful as being able to get away with anything while the "little people" are arrested and bullied by the legal system.
    One of the other lawyers in the script is always the champion for the little man and thumbs his nose at the system. In realality, both would be disbarred and probably sent to jail.
    That's the problem with the show. It's fun for a few episodes then the constant preaching and liberal messages in every line of the script get anoying.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    That kinda stuff doesn't bother me watching fiction. It's just entertainment to me. I laugh my ass off at watching this stuff.

If I thought this were a show that is supposed to be like a real law show, then I would need one of those tinfoil hats.:laugh:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So...now he will be sued for $40 million because he intentionally shot the robber in the knee and feet. Since he specifically shot non-lethal areas, he obviously did not believe his life was in danger and used his gun to punish the robber for (a) being a minority, (b) being a robber, or (c) both.

I can hear opposing council now, "Since you are such an expert with a handgun, why did you not simply shoot the gun out of the robber's hand, leaving him uninjured instead of crippled for life?"

Yeah, ought to be worth at least $40 million.

Doug

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So...now he will be sued for $40 million because he intentionally shot the robber in the knee and feet. Since he specifically shot non-lethal areas, he obviously did not believe his life was in danger and used his gun to punish the robber for (a) being a minority, (b) being a robber, or (c) both.

I can hear opposing council now, "Since you are such an expert with a handgun, why did you not simply shoot the gun out of the robber's hand, leaving him uninjured instead of crippled for life?"

Yeah, ought to be worth at least $40 million.

Doug

"No sir. I shot at non-lethal areas because the criminal's attention was distracted and had I brought my pistol more directly into his field of vision, I believe that he would have successfully shot me prior to my being able to stop his attempt to rob my friend and me. Keep in mind additionally that had he chosen to not commit a crime that day, he would never have even been aware I was armed, much less shot.... and you, sir, watch far too much television."

(I debated adding in a comment that Shatner's character did the BG a favor-now that he's "disabled for life", once he's out of jail in about 40 years, he'll be able to take money from ALL Americans without ever going any farther than his mailbox.)

Bill Shatner is well known for his overacting and much less well known for his stance on the private ownership of firearms. I do think that he should have kicked the gun away from the perp once he went down, however that's a failing on the part of the writers, not Mr. Shatner. Not putting a round in a vital area only shows good discipline, as he fired only enough times to stop the threat.

Blessings,
    B

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Don't overthink it folks... Just watch it for what it is and laugh your ass off.

I love how Shatner does the Denny Crane character. You can't just watch this clip and get a sense of it. Go watch the whole episode.

You will particularly like the closing arguments of the prosecuter and how completely wrong he is about everything.

LAUGH at the stupid things in this world.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I might have to add Boston Legal to my weekly recordings. :):

BTW: Merged two threads because after reading the 596 posts I was behind on I realized that there were two threads discussing the exact same episode. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom