• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wpmason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Been getting some interesting replies here. Let me clear things up just a bit.

I exited the store, then returned and approached the officer who was having a cup of coffee and flipping through a newspaper (didn't seem all that busy).

"Excuse me officer, I was wondering if I could ask you a question."

"Sure go ahead."

"Well, I'm planning on getting my concealed carry permit soon, and I was just wondering, from your perspective, during a traffic stop or whatever do you prefer to be told that someone's carrying or... how does that work exactly?"

Then he went on and on, as I said he was very chatty. I didn't necessarily approach him to "talk about guns", I just wanted to get his take on carry etiquette and procedures. He volunteered most of what he said after that, especially the political opinions, as I was having trouble getting a word in.

A few have asked for more details about him, which I'm hesitant to give out, but I will say that he was neither young nor old, very middle aged. Gray hair but a healthy, youthful face, most likely 40-50 years old.

As I said, it was a very positive encounter. If nothing else, I feel as though I can breathe a bit easier knowing that he won't be following any orders to kick in any doors anytime soon.

Top Bottom