• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    There is one thing that keeps me in this state and that's my elderly mother. When she passes, I'm outta here. Montana is looking quite good about now!!!! :cheers:

Is Texas still a huge destination for liberty-minded individuals? (and some wannabe cowboy city folks)
    After all, they were never ratified as a State, but have an annual agreement to award them 'states rights'. The Republic of Texas might be a better long-term location.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Is Texas still a huge destination for liberty-minded individuals? (and some wannabe cowboy city folks)
    After all, they were never ratified as a State, but have an annual agreement to award them 'states rights'. The Republic of Texas might be a better long-term location.

Texas has pretty strict gun laws compared to Indiana..... So no thanks!!! :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    From having lived in several states myself, Indiana is one of the most firearms friendly that comes immediately to mind. And Illinois being one of the worst.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    So what (without hijacking thread) is the most firearm-friendly state?
    Which is the worst?

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Just reverse their findings. Kalifornia has the most invasive and unconstitutional, while Kentucky, Louisiana, and Oklahoma are currently the most correct.

Edit: Indiana has a score of 8, KY, LA. OK are all 2s, Kali is a 79. INDIANA IS TIED WITH MONTANA!

Edit, again: After reading, i can't figure out how those states got points, but it might be mistakenly. They answered yes to a question where no would have been the answer the campagn was looking for. Elsewise they're pretty much entirely pro-rights.

If you havn't read that site, go for it, its Hilarious. Or really disturbing and CRAZY!

Last edited:

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Idaho is another place I would consider going. According to the rankings there are less gun laws and they still sell lifetime hunting licenses. I wish I was old enough to afford one when they were offered in Indiana.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I lived in Alaska for six years the gun laws are pretty lacks there. I seen a lot of people carrying guns when I fished. Great hunting if you drive a little. My son wanted to live here to be by family. We wish almost every day we was back. He goes to college this year after that I told him we could go back. Always go through Montana when we go and it is almost as nice.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Helena, Mont. (AP) - Montana is trying to trigger a battle over gun control - and perhaps make a larger point about what many folks in this ruggedly independent state regard as a meddlesome federal government.

In a bill passed by the Legislature earlier this month, the state is asserting that guns manufactured in Montana and sold in Montana to people who intend to keep their weapons in Montana are exempt from federal gun registration, background check and dealer-licensing rules because no state lines are crossed.

That notion is all but certain to be tested in court.

The ATF still doesn't care.

Top Bottom