• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Was it the offer of the duffel bag with "NRA"emblazoned on the side in bold letters? Maybe. Was it the cheezy little "9 LED flashlight" they also offered new members? Possibly. Was it the subscription to a gun magazine that pushed me over the edge? Yes, I wanted it all! I signed up for 3 years and got all of the goods. But I also contributed an extra $15 to counter my greed...heh heh. But I'm glad I joined and plan on being a contributor as much as possible. As least there is an organization out there willing to fight for gun rights.

Actually, it was that shiny Gold-letter NRA window sticker that cause me to 'snap'. I couldn't resist it. :)

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Great! Even though the NRA is not perfect, they have definitely contributed to all gun owners by helping to regain the rights we have lost over the past century. However, we need more Life members to research and vote for board members who have more backbone.

As 2ADMNLOVER said, you will get some junk mail but all you have to do is call the NRA and that will take care of the mailings. IMO, the sticker is probably best left off the car if you carry regularly.

Muzzleloaderbill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Ligonier
    Good for you. I have two stickers on the truck. Never had a LEO bother about it. Little Lady and I had to go to the courthouse in Albion yesterday. As I went thought the metal detector in went off. My belt buckle set it off. The LEO ask if I had any guns on me. As he was looking at my NRA hat. Told him no it was locked up in the truck. He just smiled and said to have a nice day. So I say put that sticker any where you like and be proud.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You mean you joined the NHRA (National Hunter Rifle's Association) cause the current NRA leadership does not have the balls to be truly pro-2A! :faint:

Like any other large organization they are not perfect and sometimes try but they don't try to hard. They are just like a union. Great concept and perhaps at one time they WERE useful for their members. Now-a-days they are bloated and only concern with the status quo.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have said on here I wouldn't join because of how they give donations to liberal idiots. I have to say here and now I have changed my mind and am going to join. They sure as heck are not perfect, but neither am I.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I have said on here I wouldn't join because of how they give donations to liberal idiots. I have to say here and now I have changed my mind and am going to join. They sure as heck are not perfect, but neither am I.

Well, I'm as close to perfect as poss.:dunno: BUT-I've been a Life Member for going on 35 years anyway..:draw:

Each to his own, but I do NOT put any firearm related stickers on any of my vehicles or property for the public to see.
    I would rather the Crack Heads would saw off others Catalytic Converters and leave my stuff alone.==Got a sticker=Got a Gun inside=Lets break some glass...:n00b::stickpoke: Bill.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Yeah....I didn't put the sticker on my house anywhere....don't want to advertise firearms. And some liberal anti-gun whacko might slice my tires if they see the sticker on my car, that plus having to dance with a LEO over the issue. I'll probably put it on my locker at work. They all know I'm a gunaholic...they are too though.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Congrats on joining. If you joined today, you can expect to get an email or letter next week sometime wanting you to renew your membership for 2 more years! Sounds crazy but it'll happen. :yesway:

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Congrats on joining. If you joined today, you can expect to get an email or letter next week sometime wanting you to renew your membership for 2 more years! Sounds crazy but it'll happen. :yesway:

Maybe on one hand, the NRA is no different than other large organizations. The bigwigs have to buy their yachts, and raising money is what they do.

People can criticize all they want, but a little bit of gratitude don't hurt every once in a while. If the NRA had never existed, we would all have been in gulags a long time ago. I'll give a dollar to somebody that's willing to step up to the plate and make the fear mongers "prove their case"...which usually fall apart under scrutiny of law.

Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    I'm an NRA member too. Have been on & off for several years.
    I have recently joined Second Amendment Foundation and will keep it going. I also sent them a few extra $.
    I decided to join and contribute for just 1 reason; they seem to be the most proactive group. (or so it seems to me) With lawsuits to regain some of our 2A rights. i.e... Heller and McDonald. Just my .02

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Thanks for becoming a member of the NRA. Like America, it's not perfect. But it sure beats the alternative.
    I have been a life member, for too many years, and I complain, but again, better than nothing at all. I can't quit, they allready have my money, so, welcome aboard, and stick around, for awhile, in 5 years, you get to vote, and that is something ..... I must vote now .....

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I too am a life member, and I agree that the NRA has its problems. I personally wonder about Wayne LaPierre's state of mind a lot of the time, but that's just me. Second Amendment Foundation is also an excellent organization to support if you can. They actually are DOING something.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have been a life member of the NRA, for 20 years. They are not perfect..but it's really all we have.

Gun Owners of America.

But seriously, I disagree with both about certain issues. I try to spread the love, and make occasional donations to many different groups (GOA, NRA, local groups, Illinois carry organizers, etc). Mostly the NRA gets my dollar because of the roundup that so many sites have. It is important to put some support behind other groups though, because it is never good to have all your eggs in one basket.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Endowment member here.
    Thanks for joining. Like most I agree that the NRA is not perfect but because of the NRA we still have sone 2A rights left.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Was it the offer of the duffel bag with "NRA"emblazoned on the side in bold letters? Maybe. Was it the cheezy little "9 LED flashlight" they also offered new members? Possibly. Was it the subscription to a gun magazine that pushed me over the edge? Yes, I wanted it all! I signed up for 3 years and got all of the goods. But I also contributed an extra $15 to counter my greed...heh heh. But I'm glad I joined and plan on being a contributor as much as possible. As least there is an organization out there willing to fight for gun rights.

Actually, it was that shiny Gold-letter NRA window sticker that cause me to 'snap'. I couldn't resist it. :)

Always use another member! Thanks for supporting the NRA.
    Member since 2004!

Top Bottom