• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    This by golly has been a blue ribbon day . My son just returned to In. to live, in the process of course a new drivers lic. and plates are required. So off to the lic. bureau he goes with all his required paper work Yuk Yuk. It turns out that his ORIGINAL birth certificate not a copy is suddenly called a sovenier certificate. and he must get a copy of the document he had in his hand from a court house 80 miles away by golly that makes sense to me. Now then what I would like to know is how in the world are all these illegals driving around when my son who was born in In. and has a valid original birth certificate can't get a license. Has this country gone nuts? I think so.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think the BMV just makes it up as they go. It doesn't matter how much documentation you take in there, they'll always tell you you need something else. It's just a scam like every other gov agency, inconvenience you as much as possible and separate you from as much of your money as possible.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This by golly has been a blue ribbon day . My son just returned to In. to live, in the process of course a new drivers lic. and plates are required. So off to the lic. bureau he goes with all his required paper work Yuk Yuk. It turns out that his ORIGINAL birth certificate not a copy is suddenly called a sovenier certificate. and he must get a copy of the document he had in his hand from a court house 80 miles away by golly that makes sense to me. Now then what I would like to know is how in the world are all these illegals driving around when my son who was born in In. and has a valid original birth certificate can't get a license. Has this country gone nuts? I think so.

They drive without a valid license.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yes, in many respects it has gone nuts. It's just that every now and then, we get tangled up in the web.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think the BMV just makes it up as they go. It doesn't matter how much documentation you take in there, they'll always tell you you need something else. It's just a scam like every other gov agency, inconvenience you as much as possible and separate you from as much of your money as possible.

Sounds like getting anything done administratively in the Army. They say this i isn't dotted or that t isn't crossed to get out of doing the work right now. They don't realize that the work will still have to be done and it'd be less work for all involved if they just did their damned job.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm guessing he had the hospital issued birth certificate and that is not considered the real deal. We had to get certified copies from the health department in the county where my kids were born to use for school, driver's licenses, etc. I agree with the others though...no matter what you take with you to the BMV, there is always something that is missing or not right.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm guessing he had the hospital issued birth certificate and that is not considered the real deal. We had to get certified copies from the health department in the county where my kids were born to use for school, driver's licenses, etc. I agree with the others though...no matter what you take with you to the BMV, there is always something that is missing or not right.

Usually what is missing is common sense from the workers. I was sitting in a DMV getting registration stuff done when someone hit my truck. I was sitting at the desk and had to go outside to check the damage. Came back in and had to go right back to the end of the line even though the worker went outside with me. Many times it is a herp-a-derp session in there.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Usually what is missing is common sense from the workers. I was sitting in a DMV getting registration stuff done when someone hit my truck. I was sitting at the desk and had to go outside to check the damage. Came back in and had to go right back to the end of the line even though the worker went outside with me. Many times it is a herp-a-derp session in there.
    Typical government hiring process: hire the dumbest and laziest mother ****ers for the job.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Isn't this the truth!!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This one has to be a valid license because I saw it on the Internet!!!!

2bHaG43.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Took a title to the Winchester bmv and was told that because the seller had gone over one number in a date twice with a pen because it hadn't written the first time, it was encumbent upon me to HAVE THE SELLER FILL OUT AN AFFIDAVIT THAT WHEN HE WROTE OCT. 4, HE MEANT OCT. 4. Really? I acquired said affidavit, took the title into Muncie's license branch, which USED to be one of the worst around, and kept my affidavit in my pocket. The lady filled out a similar affidavit herself, and said "Sign this." And that was it.
    That was about the the third time Winchester turned me away over something stupid, and as far as I'm concerned, it's three strikes and you're out. Not going back in there if I can help it.

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Thanks for all the support the lad has been through a lot in last few months and this was about the last straw when a legal document is suddenly usless wow. We both enjoyed the drivers lic. neat.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    It used to be a lot easier in the past. Now, the BMV has to comply with stricter DHS rules requiring pre-certification of valid ID, prior to issuing a license.

After reading the other posts, the Kokomo License Branch must be one of the most efficient ones in the state. The workers there, are always friendly, courteous, and very knowledgeable about the administrative details.

handyman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    muncie
    Took a title to the Winchester bmv and was told that because the seller had gone over one number in a date twice with a pen because it hadn't written the first time, it was encumbent upon me to HAVE THE SELLER FILL OUT AN AFFIDAVIT THAT WHEN HE WROTE OCT. 4, HE MEANT OCT. 4. Really? I acquired said affidavit, took the title into Muncie's license branch, which USED to be one of the worst around, and kept my affidavit in my pocket. The lady filled out a similar affidavit herself, and said "Sign this." And that was it.
    That was about the the third time Winchester turned me away over something stupid, and as far as I'm concerned, it's three strikes and you're out. Not going back in there if I can help it.
    Muncie bmv is much better than it used to be!!

Top Bottom