• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acelungger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Hi All,
    As the title says, In the last few years I have owned several Laser sights and everyone states that there Laser is putting out the max wattage or volts, ect. But I have never found any Laser that comes close to the Crimson Trace!! I own 6 Crimson Trace Lasers and several others of other brands.

But there isn't a Laser out there that can come close to C.T.:dunno:
    What makes them so much brighter than any other brands??

What do the rest of you think?
    Greg

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    What do the rest of you think?
    Greg

I think acelungger is on the Crimson Trace payroll. ;)

I'm able to deduce that because I ate Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast. And when you have a hearty, nutritious breakfast like Cinnamon Toast Crunch to start your day it's like fueling your brain with rocket fuel. But it's not just good for you. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is also delicious. I think I'd rather eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch than any other inferior breakfast cereal. I'm gonna go have a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch right now!

Cinnamon Toast Crunch: Offical feast of troll hunters. :rockwoot:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I think acelungger is on the Crimson Trace payroll. ;)

I'm able to deduce that because I ate Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast. And when you have a hearty, nutritious breakfast like Cinnamon Toast Crunch to start your day it's like fueling your brain with rocket fuel. But it's not just good for you. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is also delicious. I think I'd rather eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch than any other inferior breakfast cereal. I'm gonna go have a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch right now!

Cinnamon Toast Crunch: Offical feast of troll hunters. :rockwoot:

was it his 12 posts or his join date that gave it away?:):

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Laser salesman

So I'm confused. I thought you didn't know anything about lasers. But you apparently own more lasers than anyone I've ever heard of. Be careful you'll put your eye out kid.:)

acelungger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Hey Guys,
    No I wished I was! i live on S.S.D. and I don't know how they figure how much you get, I have been paying in to SS since I was 17 years, anyway I can't afford them either and all but one of mine were bought second hand, the first set were new and I traded a Mauser 98 action for them.

I real would like a true answer, or someone to correct me!
    If you all truely think I work for, or have anything to do with CT other than owning some Please Delete.
    Greg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    power output is based on mW...most laser pointers are around <5mW, the more brighter and more expensive laser pointers can be 200mW, 300mW, and even 500mW. If you want to start burning some serious holes, you're looking into 1+ watt lasers.

acelungger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Yes, sometimes you have to have the Torch litt:rockwoot:And I just happen to be lucky and I am color blind in shades of Red and Green, and there could be a chance I havn't looked at a good Green one?

Back to my question to the point, CT puts out 5mw and Barska also claim 5mw, the only thing that I havn't check out is the wave lenght of the device. So why IS CT set are 50% BETTER than Brand X :dunno: Bottom line is 5mw by CT and Brand X claims there product puts out 5mw:draw::ar15:
    There has to be Something different :twocents:
    Greg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There has to be Something different
    Greg

Yeah, the Barska either isn't putting out the rated power (highly likely), or its optics are so bad that the beam is improperly focused (also highly likely). You'd have to meter both of them to get their true output, rather than their stated output. You get what you pay for.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Yes, sometimes you have to have the Torch litt:rockwoot:And I just happen to be lucky and I am color blind in shades of Red and Green, and there could be a chance I havn't looked at a good Green one?

Back to my question to the point, CT puts out 5mw and Barska also claim 5mw, the only thing that I havn't check out is the wave lenght of the device. So why IS CT set are 50% BETTER than Brand X :dunno: Bottom line is 5mw by CT and Brand X claims there product puts out 5mw:draw::ar15:
    There has to be Something different :twocents:
    Greg

I think you're asking a technical question about laser equipment in general on a gun forum, and not a question about lasers as they pertain to guns and shooting.
    If you're asking for the technical specs of the machines and why one produces a brighter beam using the same electrical usage, I think you need to ask on a forum for physicists or engineers.

A lot of gun nuts get pretty technical on the specs of their equipment. But even most of the hardcore reloaders who know the specs and composition of every type of powder they use, probably can't describe at an atomic level WHY a certain powder has the exact characteristics it does. They just know it does.
    I feel you're looking in the wrong place for the answer to a very complicated question.

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    +1 on you get what you pay for.. i dont use lasers though. learned how to shoot using the front sight... green lasers are bright. i have a green pen laser that will go for miles.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think you're asking a technical question about laser equipment in general on a gun forum, and not a question about lasers as they pertain to guns and shooting.
    If you're asking for the technical specs of the machines and why one produces a brighter beam using the same electrical usage, I think you need to ask on a forum for physicists or engineers.

A lot of gun nuts get pretty technical on the specs of their equipment. But even most of the hardcore reloaders who know the specs and composition of every type of powder they use, probably can't describe at an atomic level WHY a certain powder has the exact characteristics it does. They just know it does.
    I feel you're looking in the wrong place for the answer to a very complicated question.

Actually, we DO have a couple of physicists onboard and at least a dozen engineers that I know of off the top of my head. Probably many more. ;)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    ehh...I worked with laser sensors for years ...the only lasers I'm interested in these days are IR......I prefer playing/experimenting with other technologies, ballistics, etc.

Top Bottom