• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rocky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    My buddy has been against guns for a long time. I finally got him to the range and started him out on small rimfire guns until he got comfortable. We talked about safety and eventually moved to bigger guns 450 marlin, 45-70, 7mm rem mag, and 44 mag. At the end of the session he completely loved it and is now a first time hunter. Lets try to educate and introduce guns the proper way. We may be able to convert more of them.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Thats awesome! Similar thing happened to me. But Iwas never against gun just wasnt around them. MY father-in-law taught me a lot and has me hooked now.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good job. I had been trying to convert one of my neighbors. Until he told me the real reason he does not own a gun is he didn't think he could control his temper and if he had a gun he was sure he would have killed someone in anger by now. Enough said, some people should not carry a gun....

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Good job. I had been trying to convert one of my neighbors. Until he told me the real reason he does not own a gun is he didn't think he could control his temper and if he had a gun he was sure he would have killed someone in anger by now. Enough said, some people should not carry a gun....

Thats a very good reason not to have a gun and to stop tryin to convert someone.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

If he truely cannot control his anger then I respect his decision not to own firearms. However, I have also know people with tempers who are very polite when armed. When not armed they might not start a fight but they would be willing to finish one. (or at least make the attempt)

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    If he truely cannot control his anger then I respect his decision not to own firearms. However, I have also know people with tempers who are very polite when armed. When not armed they might not start a fight but they would be willing to finish one. (or at least make the attempt)

Absolutely. You have to be aware of the potentials. I'm sure the guy with the temper has knives , tools, maybe a baseball bat or golf clubs? He has controlled himself with those deadly items. Just a thought....

And reps tot he OP . Keep it up!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My buddy has been against guns for a long time. I finally got him to the range and started him out on small rimfire guns until he got comfortable. We talked about safety and eventually moved to bigger guns 450 marlin, 45-70, 7mm rem mag, and 44 mag. At the end of the session he completely loved it and is now a first time hunter. Lets try to educate and introduce guns the proper way. We may be able to convert more of them.

This is an example of a "quality" post. :yesway:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Understood. I'm not going to be the one to push him towards gun ownership. Like has been said, I respect his decision.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Glad to hear that another person out there has learned that guns are perfectly safe when properly used, and when proper safety guidelines are followed.

What did you buddy think of the 7mm Mag compared to starting with the rimfire? :D

Sounds like you had a pretty good collection on hand at the range with the buddy, got any details or pics (maybe in another thread...I haven't seen yet)

Now that your buddy is an "owner" any hints as to what he went out and bought?

WeAreNotAlone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010

Kudo's for converting him! +1 for the side of Freedom.:patriot:

To keep him from converting back, provide him with:

A: Info that he might be able to convert others
    B: Get him prepared for any attempts to convert him back.

To do this get some info into him that solidifies in his mind that the reason for the 2nd amendment was /is to keep the gov in check, that the 2nd amendment is not about "sporting use" as the Anti-gunners always harp on. History has proven time and time again past and present that a disarmed populace sets the stage for atrocities that follow.

Below is a snippet from: "A Mistake a Free People Get to Make Only Once"
    The Smallest Minority

The Second Amendment isn't about "sport."

Judge Kozinski in his eloquent dissent to the denial of appeal for an en banc rehearing of Silveira explained it perfectly:
    The majority falls prey to the delusion—popular in some circles - that ordinary people are too careless and stupid to own guns, and we would be far better off leaving all weapons in the hands of professionals on the government payroll. But the simple truth - born of experience - is that tyranny thrives best where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people.

--

All too many of the other great tragedies of history - Stalin’s atrocities, the killing fields of Cambodia, the Holocaust, to name but a few - were perpetrated by armed troops against unarmed populations. Many could well have been avoided or mitigated, had the perpetrators known their intended victims were equipped with a rifle and twenty bullets apiece, as the Militia Act required here. If a few hundred Jewish fighters in the Warsaw Ghetto could hold off the Wehrmacht for almost a month with only a handful of weapons, six million Jews armed with rifles could not so easily have been herded into cattle cars.

My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Hey did you hear about that shooting at xyz? If only guns had been BANNED!

Every time there is a shooting these days (which is a tragedy), Anti-Gunners are quick to jump on the opportunity to push a firearms ban.

The facts are that more people have been killed at the hands of government controlled arms than those in civilian hands.
    (Now I know what you're thinking... Atrocities that have happened in the past could never happen again. Those persons in the below link thought the same.)

THIS IS A MUST READ, read thru a couple of pages here. This site/book has facts and fiqures that will drive a Anti-Gunner crazy:

DEATH BY GOVERNMENT: GENOCIDE AND MASS MURDER

RE: "Sporting Use", Don't kid yourself all you hunters, target shooters- Anti-gunners will use "sporting use" wording to appease you, saying they don't want YOUR guns banning other firearms types one category at a time. In the end they WILL get your "sporting use" /hunting arms (They will call them Sniper Weapons) if we don't all band together NOW. They will use the divide and conquer technique... WHY? because it works!.

Links:
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]A Brief History of British Gun Control[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](or, How to Disarm the Law Abiding Populace by Stealth)[/FONT]
    by P.A. Luty
    A Brief History of British Gun Control, (or, How to Disarm the Law Abiding Populace by Stealth), by P.A. Luty

NOTE for you USA FIREARMS OWNERS, Using the same tricks YOU will be disarmed. The only hope we have is for ALL firearms owners to BAND together. Don't think your guns are safe because you're a hunter, or target shooter, to the Anti-Gunners ALL guns are "Assault Weapons".

The Smallest Minority

DEATH BY GOVERNMENT: GENOCIDE AND MASS MURDER

Last edited:

gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    kudos, i've had a similar experience with a buddy that was never around guns still haven't had a chance to take him shooting but at least got him past all of that anti gun propoganda. seems to me most of them just need to be exposed to firearms to realize they're not so bad

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In

:yesway: :patriot:

Top Bottom