• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm traveling to Baltimore, MD, for the next few days, and I did some researching about the states I will be traveling through. Essentially, as soon as I leave the state, my carry permit is useless. And I am defenseless. Headed to Baltimore, a city with an abysmal crime rate.

:wallbash:

:soapbox:

Ugh.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Anyone know anything about PA laws? I am moving to Pittsburgh. I've read some of the rules but haven't heard it all yet, so I am open to what someone may know, or experiences they've had there. I found the PA version of INGO and it seems to be pretty good.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    New York only recognizes NEW YORK permits. And to top it off, most of the issued permits are for transporting firearms to & from approved shooting events.
    Concealed Carry permits are ONLY for politicians, judges, and Aurther Sulzbuger (owner of the NY Times.....I kid you not)

I lived in upstate NY for twenty years.... When I purchased my first handgun in Indiana I was shocked at how uncomplicated it was. The clerk said to me "Welcome to America". I'll never forget it.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    You are good up to West Virginia if you go via. Kentucky but then your out of luck and not really legal to transport in WV or MD since your final destination you are illeagal as well concerning carrying/ transporting a handgun.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's hard to understand why we call this country The UNITED States. Imagine if driving license laws were as diverse as our gun laws. You would have to get a license for every state you drive through. (if you qualified)(or could show a "need" )to drive in their state.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    roscott - preaching to the choir, brother. Trying being an IN resident living in MD. Fortunately, PA recognizes the IN LTCH, so I just drive up there when I get the itch to carry.

Yup. Living in MD and working in DC this summer. Oh, and MD won't even let me be in possession of "assault weapons" and handguns since I'm under 21 :rolleyes:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It's hard to understand why we call this country The UNITED States. Imagine if driving license laws were as diverse as our gun laws. You would have to get a license for every state you drive through. (if you qualified)(or could show a "need" )to drive in their state.
    I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, BUT, most every state DOES have different licensing rules/laws. Some require 2 forms of I.D. to acquire, some do not. 30 years ago, California had a drivers license written test that was 200 questions!
    Some give minors a different colored background to prevent liquor purchases.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I didn't mean different licensing laws, I meant that every state recognizes every other state's license. I find it difficult to believe that anyone in California could pass a test with 200 questions. I believe you, though. God Bless the United States Marine Corps!

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm traveling to Baltimore, MD, for the next few days, and I did some researching about the states I will be traveling through. Essentially, as soon as I leave the state, my carry permit is useless. And I am defenseless. Headed to Baltimore, a city with an abysmal crime rate.

:wallbash:

:soapbox:

Ugh.

I too am going east unarmed. D.C. for three days, a game at Camden Yards (that's Baltimore for non-baseball fans) and a final day at the 146th anniversary of Gettysburg. A great trip that is unfortunately rather dangerous. I hope you all don't read about me on the news....

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The great thing is that the strict gun laws in MD have done wonders to lower the crime rate. Baltimore is awesome after dark.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Anyone know anything about PA laws? I am moving to Pittsburgh. I've read some of the rules but haven't heard it all yet, so I am open to what someone may know, or experiences they've had there. I found the PA version of INGO and it seems to be pretty good.

PA CCW laws are similar to IN LTCH laws, IIRC. I know for a fact PA has reciprocity with IN.

You are good up to West Virginia if you go via. Kentucky but then your out of luck and not really legal to transport in WV or MD since your final destination you are illeagal as well concerning carrying/ transporting a handgun.

dwh79, roscott will not be illegal to transport a handgun in WV or MD. "Peaceable Journey" applies. Provided he is not carrying, he is perfectly legal to possess a firearm in MD.

roscott - as I and Nate will attest, if you have questions regarding MD firearm laws, go to Maryland Shooters They'll (we'll) take care of ya.

Top Bottom