• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Today, I did something for the very first time. I cc'd all day long every place I went. Picked up a rental car, stopped at a local big box sporting goods store for some advice, then headed to Martinsville. There I met another INGOer for an exchange of money order for goods.

Then I figured I wasn't too far from Camby so I drove up there, hit the Dunkin Donuts store for some GREAT coffee and some donuts to bring home. On the way back, I stopped at a convenience store on Rt 67 for some gum. Back in the Bloomington area, I filled the rental up with gas and dropped it off at Budget Auto.

Now, I know for a lot of the people here, this would be a "Ho-hum, no big deal" event. But it was my first time and I feel pretty good about it. We'll see what happens in future trips out of the house.

Yay me! :)

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    It gets mundane real fast. I'm no longer even aware of my pistol being there. I'm acutely aware if its not there, though...

Once you get in the habit, you'll forget your car keys more often than your gun.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Once you do it enough you will feel very strange not carrying. I had to wear a tux recently and went nearly the whole day not carrying and hated it. I am also one of the people that carry two guns at all times not to mention a third one in which ever vehicle I am driving that day.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    As long as we're talking about the mundane, yesterday i had to try some pants on in a fitting room at michigan city. It did feel weird to put my holstered gun on the bench while i tried clothes on.

It was cool though, like others have said, sometimes i do forget that i have it (in a good way)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Once you do it enough you will feel very strange not carrying. I had to wear a tux recently and went nearly the whole day not carrying and hated it. I am also one of the people that carry two guns at all times not to mention a third one in which ever vehicle I am driving that day.

I recently wore a suit all day at a funeral, carried my gun the whole time. If I can figure out a way to carry I will.
    You are correct, its very strange NOT carrying a gun after you do it so long.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    As long as we're talking about the mundane, yesterday i had to try some pants on in a fitting room at michigan city. It did feel weird to put my holstered gun on the bench while i tried clothes on.

It was cool though, like others have said, sometimes i do forget that i have it (in a good way)

Its really weird when you go to the DR and he want you to take your shirt off while your carrying... "UM sure Doc but i have a gun on".
    I was really surprised when he said " cool whatch'a carry?"

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Its really weird when you go to the DR and he want you to take your shirt off while your carrying... "UM sure Doc but i have a gun on".
    I was really surprised when he said " cool whatch'a carry?"

I take mine off and leave it in the car when at the chiropractor, but only because I have to empty my pockets when he pops my back. Not a chance in hell I'm going to put my gun in a little basket while I'm laying on a table a few feet away, especially since the adjustment tables are all out in the open.

Top Bottom