I hope they restrict crossbows next hunting season.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Both of my hunting buds have injuries- neither can use a regular bow.
    If they were of those other mindsets I've mentioned they wouldn't be my hunting partners :)

So, if they had surgery or just healed and could pull their bows back but still wanted to hunt with crossbows ,if only occasionally, you would cease to hunt with them?

Do you actually believe that a "mindset" is formed by what hunting tool that you have in your hand?

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I think the federal government should step in and regulate crossbows and all other killing machines. I think there are not enough deer and the ones we have are being discriminated against by humans with high falluting compound bows. If you feel the need to go kill an INNOCENT animal, you're probably a racist first of all, you should do it like all the other predators. Get out there and use your teeth and claws!

Last edited:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've got a shoulder concern that is not enough to warrant a handicapped licence, but it is is enough that my collarbone dislocates when I try to use a compound. I use a recurve, but I am counting down the days until I am able to get a crossbow.

there are some people who just like crossbows better. If you want to be a real man of archery, get a long bow. Until then, let us use crossbows.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Longbow grip angles make my wrist hurt. Can't handle much handshock either....due to wrist and back injuries (the latter affecting my shoulder and elbow).

So I'll just continue to be a recurve and compound shooting b*tch (smooth ones of either).
    ;)

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm coming in late but ive hunted for 38 years and seen deer go from lucky to get 1 every 3years to today's population we need hunters to support hunting and stop bickering on how an arrows. Launched. If you didn't get a deer its got nothing to what somebody else is hunting with

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    So if they allow high power rifles are people gonna complains its not fair because that can shoot further and more accurate than a 12ga.
    It really is a never ending battle, by encouraging them to make more rules and regulations they get the feeling we enjoy be dictated. Personally, I feel like you should be able to hunt with anything you wish as long as it is humane and you are not just wounding deer. 1 shot 1 kill

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I will hunt with whatever is legal. If I hunted with a recurve bow and my neighbor hunted with a crossbow I would not care one bit. I would just be happy that I had a neighbor that hunts. People should not have one single fiber of negative thinking when it comes to what another man uses to hunt deer if its legal. United we stand, devided we fall.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Trapper Dave said it all,get over it.I used to use a bow,now use a crossbow and love it.Spend a little money and try it, you might like it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just talked with my chiropractor today and his 15 year old daughter took her first deer with a crossbow. She was able to use it accurately, whereas she wasn't as accurate with the bow. Good for her! If it improves someones chances to bag one without chasing it through the forest then good on them. Shoot, crossbows aren't even new technology.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    If we're talking about outlawing equipment to be sporting, then trailcams and Tinks 69 ought to go before crossbows do.

Use whatever, just get out in the field and make an ethical shot.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Interesting arguement. To some hunting may be "a noble blood sport" to others, not so much. I hunt for meat to fill the freezer and will use whatever is legal that I can afford to use, meaning that if I can take the time to master it, I will use it.
    My father has a farm with apple orchards, if it was legal to carpet bomb them he would because they cause thousands of dollars in damage every year.
    Too many people need to get off their high horse and deal with life as it is, not as we want it to be.

Top Bottom