• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    A little over a week ago, she turned six months, she cut her first tooth this weekend and is now 14.5 pounds. Our family doctor did say had he been her doctor when she was delivered (he was out and had others covering for him), he would have kept her.

Anyway, some more recent pictures.

Those were all taken in June.

This one was taken on the 4th

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    TH, looking good.

#1 was born at this exact time. He is now 18 and a tank. Plays Center for the football team and is on the track & field team.

That was 1998, just image how much better the docs are now!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    She is so cute, congratulations!

How I saw the conversation going down,

Doc: If I had been her doctor, I would have kept her!
    TH: And I would have shot you right in the face if you tried.
    Doc:..........
    TH:...........
    Doc: Happy kid though
    TH: Yep, happy girl

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I guess that wasn't exactly down how I put it down. She was jaundice and her level was high but they sent her home with no blanket or anything. We ended up being admitted for three nights for jaundice when she was six days old. I wish they would have kept her so she didn't get dehydrated and we would have known she wasn't eating well that way we could have combated that stuff. At least we know for baby #2 when that time comes.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I guess that wasn't exactly down how I put it down. She was jaundice and her level was high but they sent her home with no blanket or anything. We ended up being admitted for three nights for jaundice when she was six days old. I wish they would have kept her so she didn't get dehydrated and we would have known she wasn't eating well that way we could have combated that stuff. At least we know for baby #2 when that time comes.

1st born babies don't come with an instruction book. That book's written after they're born, and chapters are added every day.

She sure is a beautiful little girl! You got enough guns? :):

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Seriously... trying to brownnose me with the duck pics? :D
    Congrats!

Originally it was just to get her attention towards the camera and smile (like the rocking chair pic), it turned into some pictures.

I do have one more photo to add, and this will be for all the future parents also.

This lady is the nursing nurse at the hospital. She has been amazing those first few months from my daughter not taking in even 1/3 of an ounce when she nurses to where she takes in six ounces when she nurses. She taught my wife good holding habits and helping my wife get our daughter into good position to eat. IF any future parents have the chance to work with a lactation nurse if having issues nursing, do it. They are specifically trained and the hospital we went to, they were free of charge as long as we wanted to go to her (even now but it isn't needed).

Top Bottom