• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Willow Slough is just South of you off 41. I went there all the time when I lived in occupied ILL.
    As far as getting some shooting time on your carry gun I would strongly advise it. There were some guns that I planned to carry and took them to the range and found I shot terrible with them. Especially ones with fixed sights, you need to know if they are shooting high, low, left or right and be able to compensate for that. Your carry gun may save your life someday, but not if you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Last edited:

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    May dad lives in Cedar Lake as well. He makes the drive to Willow Slough because ITS FREE. I have not been there with him yet, but from what he says its very nice.

sparkeymat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    DeMotte,IN
    I don't want to break bad on Debs but the last time I was there it was dirty and some guy was shooting holes in the ceiling. Blythes is a better option. Not to far from you in Valpo.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    That sounds good to me, thinking of taking a ride to willow slough to see how that place is. Until I get used to my Sig, I think I'm gonna run out and buy a 357 to carry with me until then. Thinking of running out that way Sunday to give it a look if anyone is interested. I would do it tomorrow, but I have a few things to do, pick up the boat form the marina, stop at the store and buy some ammo and a 357; but Sunday looks like a freeday for me.

The slough isn't too far from you BUT I can't stand that range. The RO's have always been jerks to me. I'm not the guy that likes to rapid fire, shoot sideways, or even try to bump fire. But because I am a young looking 25 they feel the need to lecture me even before I start shooting. Every freaking time.

I really like JP. The range is MUCH larger, the RO's are MUCH nicer, and I like the facilities better. JP would be a farther drive for you but I would highly recommend it. And it's free.

What time on Sunday? I have to go to work at 6p. I also get a day off during the week every once in a while which is a great time to go because the range is empty. Which means we can move up to 7 yards or 14 yards if no one else is there.

Top Bottom