• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have recently been introduced to the crockpot.
    I love this thing. Just throw a bunch of stuff in it, few hours later supper is ready.

Today, while at home for lunch, I threw in a couple chicken breasts, covered it with extra Virgin Olive oil and pepper. And I'll have supper ready tonight when I get home.

I'm looking for other recipes to try. Anyone have any?

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Brown pork chops in skillet with olive oil or butter.
    Put chops in crock pot with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
    Add just enough water so chops are covered.
    Cook 6-8 hrs on low.
    Server over rice.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Pork butt. A can of Dr. Pepper or root beer. Whatever spices you like, if you like to spice up your pulled pork. Some people brown the butt first, other don't. Some like to add a little brown sugar to sweeten it up a little. Whatever blows your dress up. Turn on. Go to work. Come home. Eat pulled pork.

Done.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    2-3 pounds of venison, red potatoes, baby carrots, a few small onions and chicken broth... salt and pepper or whatever other seasonings make your day. I put in the venison and broth first (for half a day or so on low), then about 5-6 hours from when I want to eat, I'll plop in the potatoes, carrots and onions. That keeps them from turning to mush while the meat cooks through.

You can do the same thing with pretty much any meat, and it should still turn out delicious.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I 2nd pork butt with root beer. I put a dry rub on 12 hours before just to add some flavor, cover half in root beer, flip after 4 hours, and in 8hrs you have AMAZING pulled pork. I know the BBQ purists will turn their nose up, but you will never have more tender, juicy pulled pork. Just made it for my Superbowl party and it was a huge hit.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Another one;

Chicken breasts
    Packet of dry ranch dressing mix
    Franks buffalo wing sauce

Cook 8 hours
    Shred chicken

Serve on bun topped with pepper jack cheese slice and ranch dressing.

Yummy

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I use my crock pot all the time. Just search on crockpot recipes and whatever type of meat you are using and you'll get tons of ideas.

Buy the crockpot liners...plastic liners like an oven cooking bag that you put in any size crockpot (one size fits all) and cleanup is a breeze!!!

Turkey breast with the gravy packet that comes with it and a can of beer...simmer all day and it is the moistest turkey you will ever eat. The leftovers are great for sandwiches, casseroles, etc.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My wife bought one of the Ninja crock pots. You'd think I'd be eating all kinds of crockpot meals.

MAC100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    United States
    Not really a fan of the crockpot anymore. It has its place, mostly throwing things in it in the morning and having a nice hot meal when you get home at night. But my wife made it the only way she know how to cook for a while. I had to make a rule of only 2 crock pot meals a week. Pork Shoulder is pretty good. slow cook it shred it up and have pulled pork sandwiches.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Not really a fan of the crockpot anymore. It has its place, mostly throwing things in it in the morning and having a nice hot meal when you get home at night. But my wife made it the only way she know how to cook for a while. I had to make a rule of only 2 crock pot meals a week. Pork Shoulder is pretty good. slow cook it shred it up and have pulled pork sandwiches.

You have a wife that cooks!!!!!!!:)

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    chuck roast
    1 pack onion soup mix
    1 or 2 rough chopped onion
    couple cloves chopped garlic
    3-4 tsp beef base (or sub same number beef boullion cubes if you must)
    1/2 cup red wine
    couple spoonfuls each of italian seasoning and basil

on low while you work. great shredded italian beef sandwiches.

moving parts of an animal, like beef chuck or pork shoulder do well in the crock pot. the collagen melts and keeps the meat from seeming so dry.

if you want to have your roasts taste more like they've been roasted, rather than simmered, put a bunch of potatoes, celery, and or root veggies in the bottom of the crock pot then place the roast on top. this will keep the meat from sitting in the accumulated juices for hours and stewing. trust me, it makes a big difference.

Top Bottom